Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I start in Street B with two dual 1 ohm subs wired to .25 ohm.
After imp rise its about 1.1 ohm.
Batterie is Powercell 4000 (Hawker HX 400)

Will it work with my SD8K without problems?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is too bad...
if i get two dual 2 ohm subs and wire it down to .5 ohm i will get over 2 ohm.
and there is the problem!

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
well pick you up some dual .7 or dual 1.4's and wire it to .35 starting imp depending on how many subs you have which way to go that little bit might help! or just work on your box rise and see if you can get it down and start at .5 but your is pretty good already!

·
Premium Member
7,568 Posts
everyone i talked to about soundigital says dont wire them that low. .7 being the lowest reccomended. lower then that is iffy territory.

run the dual 2 subs to a 2 ohm load and strap 2 amps on that load. let the rise come up and you will still make good power and will be more efficient. also the bl of the subs will be higher ect.

·
Registered
355 Posts
everyone i talked to about soundigital says dont wire them that low. .7 being the lowest reccomended. lower then that is iffy territory.

run the dual 2 subs to a 2 ohm load and strap 2 amps on that load. let the rise come up and you will still make good power and will be more efficient. also the bl of the subs will be higher ect.
They strap different the norm he would be better with the setup now and strapping. They strap parallel so the strap impedance rises instead of cut in half

·
Registered
226 Posts
first off SDs dont need to be wired that low. that amp is rated 8k @ 1ohm at 12.6v. So 1ohm nominal at around 14v even after rise you will stll get 8k. Ive seen these amps clamped putting out 9k+ wired at 1ohm.

plus unless you have a modded 8k, they are not strapable

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
btw i dont understand this:

Minimums for Burps:

dB Drag Street Classes (1 or 2 12V batteries): 0.5 ohm
More than 2 batteries: 0.7 ohm
if i have more batteries why i have to higher the impedance?

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
your ohm load makes a difference in classes? im just getting into db drag and just trying to clarify the rules!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Hi!

The more batteries more power the amplifier will output, so more dangerous it gets to run a low impedance.

Higher the power, lower the impedance will be on a burp, an as our amplifiers are very powerful the impedance rise will tend to be lower than what you are used to.

You won't damage an SD by running less batteries than the ideal for your system, never. This only happens with poorly designed products. Instead, you will most likely send clipped signal to subs because the power supply voltage will average lower than a correctly fed SD, and this is BAD for the subs.

As they are capable of generating higher voltages (on the output) than most other amplifiers, you can only damage them by running too low of an impedance. I've seen several cases where people use few speakers pushed by lots of power, say 2 subs on a SD16kD. If you push it too much the coils will be outside the gap most of the time, and this is something the amp does not like, (the impedance rise is almost non-existent as the back-EMF generated by the magnetic force induced on the coil is much lower).

Remember, they are very powerful, VERY powerful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts