Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im installing kicker 6x9's in my friends car and when we turn the volume up a little past 50% they start cutting out when the bass hits. anyone know why this is happening? any feedback would be appreciated :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Bad HU ground or bad amp ground, if they have an aftermarket amp going to them.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Too much bass going to the 6x9s, turn the bass down and see if it happens again.

Or if he has a sub it might be destroying the 6x9s, same thing just happened to my friends car

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright. well we are replacing some cheap shi**y sony 6x9's and before we disconnected them, they were working fine. obviously not sounding the best because there sony but the wouldnt cut out. and no, there is no extra amp going to them, its powered strait from the headunit.

·
mega fatty
6,008 Posts
yeah check the ground/ power connections on the deck and check the speakers, i had some that only worked if you pushed on the cone in the right spot...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does he have a sub in the trunk
yea he has 2 12" rockford p3's.

yeah check the ground/ power connections on the deck and check the speakers, i had some that only worked if you pushed on the cone in the right spot...
and yea we just checked all the grounds. we'll try some different things

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SOLVED THE PROBLEM! he had his HU configured for his mp3 player and not for CD's. so he had to change some settings on his HU and it works now! thanks for the help though!

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Tell Al to get some front speakers LOL

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 12 of 12 Posts