Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 2 american bass 6.5's in each door, and they are loud but i wanted something more. I got a killer deal on some DD VO 8 mids, but now my issue is where should I put them. I like the idea of putting them in the kick, but I go to school up in da U.P. And with the large amounts of snow and wetness we have I don't like the idea of them being down there. My only other idea was to put them in my center console somehow, but then they would be firing into my legs, and idk how that would sound. Redoing my doors is out of the option but any other mounting location is welcome. I drive a 2004 yukon with 2 15's behind the 3rd row seat so anywhere inside the cabin is an option, just let me know what you think will sound the best. I can do basic fiberglass work just nothing to crazy.

·
not loud yet
882 Posts
I have 8's in my center console in my jimmy, close to the seats. Definitely not the best place for them in the console but I can tell a big difference with them. Tahoe center consoles are pretty big too, I say go for it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you put them in the kicks, you will never go back. EVER!!!!

That is as long as you have a way to cross them over properly and possibly eq them.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I say midway between seat and gas pedal. I've had mids in a much smaller center console with no issues, 5.25s though.
THIS. I already have a set of XST2's in the far front bottom of my center but I'm interested now in seeing whether or not I could fit an 8". Know what I'll be doing Monday if I can (off-day). Then I'd have a good reason to install my other 2 channel or get a BIG 4 channel w/ all the goodies... :runaround:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts