Car Audio Classifieds! banner
61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Captain $hit disturber
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Alterstart axtually sends you a computerized read out of what the alternator does at a given pully rpm. I retested mine and I do get 275 amps output however at 2500 rpm which is kind of crappy. What does one expect for 200 usd though

·
Registered
741 Posts
Alterstart axtually sends you a computerized read out of what the alternator does at a given pully rpm. I retested mine and I do get 275 amps output however at 2500 rpm which is kind of crappy. What does one expect for 200 usd though
my thoughts exactly. but hell even being an upgrade from a stock alt is better then nothing for a lil extra.. atleast its doin 100+ at idle :thumbsup:

·
Captain $hit disturber
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I've seen factory ones more expensive then cheap ebay ones. You could always spend 400+ on a big boy 250 amp one. But you get lifetime warranty

·
Captain $hit disturber
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
My eagles are still kicking 1.5 years and Alterstart are using high output parts and bearings

·
Captain $hit disturber
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
The regulator failed ?

·
Captain $hit disturber
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·

·
Captain $hit disturber
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I don't think eagle has a 275 any more.

·
Captain $hit disturber
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
Finally got my high output kit today from company "x" very good pricing had to twist them to sell to off the street customer.

It's technically an dr44g kit from 2007 up gmc. Instead of the 2 pin I order 4 pin regulator. Impressed over all with the kit. The rectifier isn't copper but very thick aluminum. They now press the negative diodes right into the casing. And the stator has 8 wire per post (4 per phase). Very excited to get this put together and clamp some numbers. Also ended up receiving a package from a gentleman that is working on custom regulators :)

A prototype set at 14.8 external with no temperature correction. He's working on a selectable voltage 14.5 14.8 15.0 16.0 etc etc

·
Captain $hit disturber
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Yeppers :)

·
Captain $hit disturber
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
The regulator is couple diodes transistor nothing fancy..........

·
Captain $hit disturber
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
And a company's 350 alternator.

·
Captain $hit disturber
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
So I finally got my 275+ rebuild done. Originally dr44g 145 amp alternator(2 pin 2005+)

Broke down and bought two of them. I run 4 pin regulators so it needed a little bit of coaxing. You can buy a dr44g 4 pin regulator but I didn't think of it.

And painted it just to be different finally done all soldered up and ready to be put in

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
hey guys i have a 07 avalanche with a factory dr44 2 pin alt i left it there and added a triple bracket with 2 singer 350s 4 pin that i run a 12v switched wire to turn them on. my problem is i sent them in to be external regulated cuz i had no way of adding a diode. but my issue is i am using two Good morning stock alts from advanced auto and after a couple days the regs burn up on them. i read somewhere they dont like having a 12v directly to them to turn them on. btw iraggi uses aluminum rectifiers

61 - 80 of 103 Posts