Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Just interested in some opinions for those who have used both... on how the American Bass HD or VFL compare to the DD 35 or 95s?

I know, it's probably like choosing between two really hot girls in that a lot of it involves personal taste and ultimately, you probably can't go wrong either way.

Still just wondering about some people's experiences and pluses and minuses.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
Go American Bass

Reactions: Ray9

·
Peel & Seal works!
7,087 Posts
I have used DD many times with excellent results.i have not used American bass but have heard mainly good things about their product.i am not sure if ab motors can be reconed into whatever size you want just by changing the basket and ordering a recone so I will stick with go DD as my recommendation.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Dd is made in America, priced really High, and has mixed customer reviews.

American Bass is made overseas, but still make great products, and are priced very reasonably.

My .02

·
Registered
6,816 Posts

American Bass is made overseas, but still make great products, and are priced very reasonably.

My .02
X2...and from what ive heard, DD's quality is starting to go down. At least thats what i read in the other thread

And yes AB has a standard bolt pattern so 10-18" will be the same

·
Digital Designs FTW!
1,227 Posts
X2...and from what ive heard, DD's quality is starting to go down. At least thats what i read in the other thread

And yes AB has a standard bolt pattern so 10-18" will be the same

Imma go with DD but American bass is also a good product. DD has had some hiccups trying to improve the product but all is well now. :thumbsup: I run DD cause they have been good to me and my customers. If looking to run a cheaper end cost go with AQ(sounquebed) now.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
let the pissing match begin..... i vote DD ;)
Usually does, i guess thats what some grown men like to do on the internet :rofl:

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
AQ=AB,AB=AQ...doesnt matter which you go with, you wont see or hear a difference

·
TEAM 6HZ UNDER
2,020 Posts
american bass hds and audioique hdc3s are very similar if that helps anything. i personaly would go with american bass just because i believe that dds pricing can be ridiculous.

·
TEAM 6HZ UNDER
2,020 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have been a dealer for AB,DD for over 7 years now. They both have tradeoffs. They both make great products!!!! DD has a higher price set on woofers, but the build quality is better than AB! Like on the new DD 9" spiders that have no breakin and have a longer life span with less fatigue. AB amps are very good and you can run them in higher voltage setups to gain more power. Where DD's amps are built for 12v setup's. So it comes down to what type of setup are you looking for?

·
Elite Member
4,981 Posts
american bass hds and audioique hdc3s are very similar if that helps anything. i personaly would go with american bass just because i believe that dds pricing can be ridiculous.

LOL and this is based on your extensive knowledge of both huh....LMFAO

DD>AB

·
don't shoot
4,441 Posts
For the price you pay, American Bass takes it. We sell both at the shop, I'd rather go with AB and get more product. DD is really nice but the price vs. performance compared to AB is just not there for me.

DD's higher end stuff is top tier imo
AB's is still very good quality in the sub world and it's not an arm and a leg and they last.

·
Registered
4 Posts

My .02
Both parts are made overseas AB & DD but they are assembled in the USA. I honestly would choose American Bass because they out perform the Digital Design dollar for dollar and DC Audio as well do your self a favor and save your hard earned money and stop paying for advertisements of people products USA USA 🇺🇸 GodBless America. American Bass for the Win 🏆!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
American Bass vs Digital Design which is better in terms of performance dollar for dollar God Bless America 🇺🇸

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not really, When DD calls my shop the caller id # comes up audioque:D.
AB,DD and AQ use the same parts the same products just different levels of performance on certain subs and mainly advertisement under different name brand so choose which version you like at the price you comfortable with God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 - 19 of 19 Posts