Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mr. Low End Monster
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any users who hae experience, let me know how did you like the sound of 4th order vs regular ported. im not talking about pure overall loudness, as i dont really care for anything above 36hz. anyone ever hear a Very loud low playing 4th order?:confused:

·
SPL Retard
12,327 Posts
I did. I went from ported to a 4th with a pair of hdc3 10's (which aren't supposed to work in 4th's). My 4th order absolutely murdered the lows and was 2 db louder than a burp box I made for the same subs on the same amp. Super flat response and gained output. It was a win-win.

·
Mr. Low End Monster
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did. I went from ported to a 4th with a pair of hdc3 10's (which aren't supposed to work in 4th's). My 4th order absolutely murdered the lows and was 2 db louder than a burp box I made for the same subs on the same amp. Super flat response and gained output. It was a win-win.
so the lows were louder also?

·
Mr. Low End Monster
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump, anyone else?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Ya my 4th order was way louder and lower then my ported box I like the sound of 4th orders better then any other box I've heard before to me it just sound cleaner and gets stupid low 20hz low lol

·
Mr. Low End Monster
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya my 4th order was way louder and lower then my ported box I like the sound of 4th orders better then any other box I've heard before to me it just sound cleaner and gets stupid low 20hz low lol
sweet that's what i like to hear! you have any pic of ur setup? also whats the specs on your 4th order.

Right now im Murdering the lows like no other, but i keep blowing GD dust caps off and snapping tinsel leads. so i want to go with more Cone Control so i feel 4th order is good for me, and before anyone say i need to use smaller box, ive worked on this truck for years, and actually worked with these btl's for 2 years, and i liked the larger box sound better.

·
Mr. Low End Monster
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok pm sent. still want to hear reviews from other people who switched also.

·
Mr. Low End Monster
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
figured a couple people missed this thread so im bumping this up.

·
Mr. Low End Monster
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they all seem to be much louder when designed right, but i havent heard a good bandpass since 99.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts