Car Audio Classifieds! banner

anyone go from ported to 4th order?

1187 Views 11 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  murderedtahoe
any users who hae experience, let me know how did you like the sound of 4th order vs regular ported. im not talking about pure overall loudness, as i dont really care for anything above 36hz. anyone ever hear a Very loud low playing 4th order?:confused:
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
I did. I went from ported to a 4th with a pair of hdc3 10's (which aren't supposed to work in 4th's). My 4th order absolutely murdered the lows and was 2 db louder than a burp box I made for the same subs on the same amp. Super flat response and gained output. It was a win-win.
I did. I went from ported to a 4th with a pair of hdc3 10's (which aren't supposed to work in 4th's). My 4th order absolutely murdered the lows and was 2 db louder than a burp box I made for the same subs on the same amp. Super flat response and gained output. It was a win-win.
so the lows were louder also?
bump, anyone else?
up
Ya my 4th order was way louder and lower then my ported box I like the sound of 4th orders better then any other box I've heard before to me it just sound cleaner and gets stupid low 20hz low lol
Ya my 4th order was way louder and lower then my ported box I like the sound of 4th orders better then any other box I've heard before to me it just sound cleaner and gets stupid low 20hz low lol
sweet that's what i like to hear! you have any pic of ur setup? also whats the specs on your 4th order.

Right now im Murdering the lows like no other, but i keep blowing GD dust caps off and snapping tinsel leads. so i want to go with more Cone Control so i feel 4th order is good for me, and before anyone say i need to use smaller box, ive worked on this truck for years, and actually worked with these btl's for 2 years, and i liked the larger box sound better.
Ok pm me
ok pm sent. still want to hear reviews from other people who switched also.
figured a couple people missed this thread so im bumping this up.
they all seem to be much louder when designed right, but i havent heard a good bandpass since 99.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.