Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Hurtin' Feelins' errrday
12,621 Posts
^^This. Apparently, CA&E did a test for one of their subs and Avalon owed them $$. They weren't around long as already stated.

In other words, massive, save ya money :)

·
Registered
12,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'll offer the guy 10 bucks for em. maybe he will take it. im a sucker for them phat surrounds. still need to get me some new sundowns

·
Hurtin' Feelins' errrday
12,621 Posts
That's all Avalon was....a cheapy sub with bigass surrounds. Big deal.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I had 2 12's in a 4th order. It was one of those plexiglass pos boxes from circuit city or whatever.

·
Hurtin' Feelins' errrday
12,621 Posts
All I can find right now. Not much info. Stamped frame and a magnet the size of your mid.....what more can I say?!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
^^^ Ha ha that's hilarious! My mids for sure got more ass than that skinny bish. I got zv4 12's now though, guess I always liked the fat surround.

·
Hurtin' Feelins' errrday
12,621 Posts
^^^ Ha ha that's hilarious! My mids for sure got more ass than that skinny bish. I got zv4 12's now though, guess I always liked the fat surround.
Guess we can thank Ground Zero for the first fat surrounds on the subs they had. Everybody else pretty much followed.

I will never forget seeing GZ in person when they first appeared.....I was totally amazed.

And now look at Sundown Audio. Wonder if they got the biggest surround on the market to date...??

·
Hurtin' Feelins' errrday
12,621 Posts
KLW Audio part of Carver, or was years ago. I don't recall Carver making any subs, but could be wrong.

DD says they've been around since 1986. Were they under a different name, Resonance?

·
Hurtin' Feelins' errrday
12,621 Posts
Ah Sunfire. My neighbor where I used to live worked for them....I think. He had a bunch of Sunfire equipment

·
Hurtin' Feelins' errrday
12,621 Posts
That pricetag.....is also my mortgage lol

I like them but too expensive for me.....and high wattage too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts