Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you fellas used as far as batteries that are cost friendly. Looking for 3 or 4 rated at 100 ah. Cheapest I found were from Kinetic at $250 a pop on ebay, not too excited about that price. But you get what you pay for I guess. Thanks.

·
Hook me up with dat JL
6,190 Posts
Its funny, I was at my local shop asking about Kenetics and they were trying to sell me their cheaper Stinger battery at cost (I work next door) because of all the failed units and warranties they have to do from Kenetics.

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Get with bumpin buick for some spv70s. Better battery for car audio than the deka. And c&d are cheap junk that go bad within a year or two. Not made for road use, they have thin plates.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I was wondering what you fellas used as far as batteries that are cost friendly. Looking for 3 or 4 rated at 100 ah. Cheapest I found were from Kinetic at $250 a pop on ebay, not too excited about that price. But you get what you pay for I guess. Thanks.
shuriken bt80 or bt 120 are good

·
Registered
172 Posts
I got one of the SPV70's Bumpin Buick is selling for $100 each + shipping. It came in excellent condition and even with the protective case that goes around it. It was even shipped in the original Stinger packaging. I couldn't have been happier with it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got one of the SPV70's Bumpin Buick is selling for $100 each + shipping. It came in excellent condition and even with the protective case that goes around it. It was even shipped in the original Stinger packaging. I couldn't have been happier with it.

Oooo! Thats the hook up! I might have to jump on a few of those. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Its funny, I was at my local shop asking about Kenetics and they were trying to sell me their cheaper Stinger battery at cost (I work next door) because of all the failed units and warranties they have to do from Kenetics.
Stinger batteries > Kinetik. Two thumbs up to that shop.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I love my stinger batts and for the price they can be had I would highly suggest them.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How many of the SPV70's would you guys suggest?

Amplifiers

4- Cadence 1200 watts rms- fuse rating 120 amps ea, 480 amps total
1- JL Audio G6600 75 watts X 6ch- fuse 60 amps

Grand total of about 5,250 watts and 540 amps. I was recommended 4 batts. Would 2 be sufficient to start then maybe add more as needed?

·
1337 M3mb3r
3,991 Posts
Do you have an h.o. Alt?

I'd talk to mechman about an Alt if you don't have one.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok so I stopped in Auto Zone and found 100+ ah deep cycle batteries for under a $100. Is their really that more of an advantage to getting the Stinger SPV70's over these? Like what would the percentage be? I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on $100+ batteries (wasn't in the origional budget). If I do their gonna be last! Or I could get 2 of these now and upgrade later this year. So many decisions!!! lol!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Internal resistance is the difference. The lower the better. http://www.stingerelectronics.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=139&CategoryID=4 As you can read on the page there, the lower the number, the quicker the battery can deliver power. That's the difference in a battery made for car audio and a battery made for other electrical needs like lights, etc. If it was a slow, steady current pull, it wouldn't matter so much. Since music is so dynamic and quick, quick response from the battery is important. Specs like these porbably arn't offered on AutoZone batteries, you can always check.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts