Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to installing my Pioneer deh-3200ub on superbowl sunday.... it was pretty much a direct swap seeing as how I already had a sony xplod headunit installed. However, I now have a mysterious battery drain. I'm certain that all of my wires are connected as they were previously, because I used a new harness and everything. I'm absolutely stumped as to what's draining it... I pulled the fuse earlier, and it still drained it. I just disconnected it from the vehicle entirely... it's sitting on my living room table. If anyone has any ideas, please advise.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Are you running your two amps on stock electrical? 1100 rms is a lot for most stock alt's and average car batteries. It could have been a coincidence that the battery draining happend at the same time you changed your head unit. If the battery is dying it could be because it isnt getting enough charge from your alt. This could be from pulling too much current, your alt has died or your battery has bit the dust. If you have a voltage meter I would measure your voltage while the car is running and you're playing your music at normal listening volumes and see how things look.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice... my zx350.4 isn't even installed yet. I took the whole headunit out, and the discharging problem stopped. I definitely need to upgrade my battery though. I figure that a yellow top up front should be enough to support my meager system for the near future. The weird thing is that the battery discharged with the fuse for the radio pulled, but not with the radio itself pulled.... idk wtf is wrong with this thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts