Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone using this combo? What are you using for the source? Are you using any other processors in the signal chain? How are you controlling the volume?

Looking at using these with a CD8454 or a DVA9860 as the source. Wondering how others have this setup.

EDIT: Jacob @ Sundown does not own nor use one of these. I think it was SundownAudioNY?? :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little off topic, but are you going to run one of these?

http://envisionelec.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2

As for volume control, I though this was a unit gain device?( I think that's what they call it) What ever volume goes in, comes back out.
I will absolutely be running the Envision piece in both units, if I go this direction.

As for volume control, this is where I start to get confused. I think you only run into problems when you try to go digital out from the source - you have to have some way to control the volume downstream from the Behringers. As long as I run analog out of the CD8454, I should be able to control the volume from it as well.

Also, from what I understand, there isn't much of a difference using going digital vs. analog from the source so for the sake of keeping things simple, I think it would be best for me to go that route.

Have you been eying these, Hugo? Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I run a dsp1124 to my subs at home tuned with REW. That's about as far as I've gotten in the matter of these behringer x-overs.

If you're going analog 3-way fronts with a sub I'd wait and try and Audison Bit10 when they come out

If you wanted to try the digital route then the Audison BitOne would be the ticket.

Either way, for what you pay for the DCX and the DEQ plus the parts from Envision you'll be up there with the Audison and JBL MS8 pieces.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I run a dsp1124 to my subs at home tuned with REW. That's about as far as I've gotten in the matter of these behringer x-overs.

If you're going analog 3-way fronts with a sub I'd wait and try and Audison Bit10 when they come out

If you wanted to try the digital route then the Audison BitOne would be the ticket.

Either way, for what you pay for the DCX and the DEQ plus the parts from Envision you'll be up there with the Audison and JBL MS8 pieces.
Ahh ok. Yeah that is true about the cost adding up...unless I can snag them from eBay or CL on the cheap.

I don't necessarily need/want to go the digital route, more or less looking for lots of control and the onboard RTA meter in the DEQ2496 is a neat feature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts