Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get the maximum performance possible out of two SA-12's for DAILY.

I have seen people give them from 1.25 up to 2.50cuft, so i just don't know what people think is the BEST from experience. I just want to know what kind of room to give each driver and what should i tune it at for SPL. Will be feeding them 1500 watts.

So basically, if you had 2 SA-12's and 1500 watts on tap wanted to build a daily ground pounder, what would you aim for?

Also what would you suggest for sub / port placement in a extra cab Ranger? As of right now i plan to shoot for sub forward / port up

Thanks! :hello:

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
1.5 each tuned to 35

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I did 2 in a 4 cube box tuned to 38 in a single cab ram, on an sae 1200d did 45s on music with 50 sq inches of port. subs up port up inbetween subs.

I would do 4 cubes with 60 to 80 sq inches of port tune around 32 for good daily performance.
tuned to 38 it did great on lots of slowed stuff, but with a bigger port i would tune lower to keep more control on the lower notes,

·
Ladies love my pole
3,814 Posts
I would do subs forward port up. 4 cubes net @ 36-38hz

·
Ladies love my pole
3,814 Posts

·
Ladies love my pole
3,814 Posts
could be right, but I have had good results in my extended cab in the past with port to the side
There was a ranger at USACI finals in SB2 with 4 apx 10s firing forward and 4 ports firing up. He streetbeated almost a 60 @ 50 something hz.

·
Ladies love my pole
3,814 Posts
I want to get the maximum performance possible out of two SA-12's for DAILY.

I have seen people give them from 1.25 up to 2.50cuft, so i just don't know what people think is the BEST from experience. I just want to know what kind of room to give each driver and what should i tune it at for SPL. Will be feeding them 1500 watts.

So basically, if you had 2 SA-12's and 1500 watts on tap wanted to build a daily ground pounder, what would you aim for?

Also what would you suggest for sub / port placement in a extra cab Ranger? As of right now i plan to shoot for sub forward / port up

Thanks! :hello:
I think this is going into a Chrysler 300M.
:confused::confused:

Reading > you

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool so it looks like im going subs forward, port up. [email protected] is what i think im going to go for. I think ill also shoot for like 15in per square foot of port, sounds good?

·
Registered
357 Posts
1.7 tuned to 34 port up sub forward.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts