Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
12,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So mounting my xs v2 18s was hard enough... Now I gotta mount nsv3 and there 100lbs.. Anyone have any tips on making mounting these easier?

Right now my plan is to crawl inside my wall and hold the woofer from the back side as my buddy puts acouple screws in. Not as easy as it sounds though. Then going to run a cross brace from wall to wall under them to surport the motors weight.

· Registered
1,494 Posts
Cut a 2x4 to hold up the motors weight, shim with a towel to get it just right. Just do the top first and shouldn't be a problem. I do everything by myself, always have to find ways to get things done.

· Registered
12,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cut a 2x4 to hold up the motors weight, shim with a towel to get it just right. Just do the top first and shouldn't be a problem. I do everything by myself, always have to find ways to get things done.
Ill have my buddy help me. Ain't no way u can mount these by urself

· SPL Farms
5,894 Posts
I have an idea, you'll need a parachute, some friends and about 50lbs of beans... build baffle, mount woofers attach baffle to parachute, feed friends beans, put friends on roof of truck with chute over top of them, once the beans start working the baffke will magically lift k to place and can be attached to the rest of the enclosure. Optional equipment for this method would be a gas mask, and 1000 car air fresheners...

· Registered
1,922 Posts
I have an idea, you'll need a parachute, some friends and about 50lbs of beans... build baffle, mount woofers attach baffle to parachute, feed friends beans, put friends on roof of truck with chute over top of them, once the beans start working the baffke will magically lift k to place and can be attached to the rest of the enclosure. Optional equipment for this method would be a gas mask, and 1000 car air fresheners...
Don't kill another thread with more gas... Please? :runaround:

· Registered
12,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't use feet to mount the top woofers that's Forsure.

· TEAM FSMD FOUNDER
1,411 Posts
Can't use feet to mount the top woofers that's Forsure.

I respectfully disagree, at one point in time dj (sundown) bought a truck of ours and the top subs were mounted with use of feet.
It was 4 18s stacked that way. You had to do feet/ hand/ shoulder. Hard combo but you had to want it.

· Hurtin' Feelins' errrday
12,621 Posts
Hmm...don't buy sub's you can't handle lol

I kidding.

· Registered
1,883 Posts
That's always in my mind, when I look at the subs I have and imagine how could I mount them D AMN that is the feeling of sickness, I tell myself why I'm buying something that I couldn't handle??? :(

I already explained to my buddy that I'll be lifting their A$$ES from the back (sitting inside the wall), while he screw them to the baffle :(

Good Luck, Congrats on those beasts!

Kindest Regards.

12,621 Posts
Is there a way to crawl in/out of your port?

12,621 Posts
And...make sure you get a vid. Give the rest of us an idea how to do it :)

· Registered
1,494 Posts
Ill have my buddy help me. Ain't no way u can mount these by urself
Do I smell a challenge? Haha I loaded my zv4's in the trunk of my accord laying on my stomach through the folded down seat opening. You're right tho, don't wanna poke a hole in that hemroid cushion. Lol

· Registered
12,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do I smell a challenge? Haha I loaded my zv4's in the trunk of my accord laying on my stomach through the folded down seat opening. You're right tho, don't wanna poke a hole in that hemroid cushion. Lol
Ya mount a nsv3 18 Ina wall 3ft off the ground by yourself please. Lol

· Registered
1,494 Posts
I'm 6'2" 230lbs, I can do it without a doubt. I can see the intimidation in trying it alone though. Use the 2x4 to hold it's weight once u get it in the cutout bro. If u can pick it up in the hole then u can mount it alone.

· SPL Farms
5,894 Posts
Call anthony, I'm sure he would help you out man. In all seriousness I would probably use a couple 2×4's like ramps to rest the motor and basket on so you can change grip. Once you get motor into the baffle it will get interesting still. Do you have side to side cross bracing? If so you can use it with another 2×4 as a lever to postion the motor through the bottom cutouts and use your shin/foot to work the lever while your hands get the basket situated and then you will have to quickly but carefully run screws. Tape a towel around the motor to keep it from getting hoed up and use the 2×4 with the wide side verticle so it doesn't just snap. 100lbs of woofer won't be fun or easy but it will be worth it in the end even if you break a finger or two...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts