Car Audio Classifieds! banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
2,309 Posts
Call anthony, I'm sure he would help you out man. In all seriousness I would probably use a couple 2×4's like ramps to rest the motor and basket on so you can change grip. Once you get motor into the baffle it will get interesting still. Do you have side to side cross bracing? If so you can use it with another 2×4 as a lever to postion the motor through the bottom cutouts and use your shin/foot to work the lever while your hands get the basket situated and then you will have to quickly but carefully run screws. Tape a towel around the motor to keep it from getting hoed up and use the 2×4 with the wide side verticle so it doesn't just snap. 100lbs of woofer won't be fun or easy but it will be worth it in the end even if you break a finger or two...
This is why some think us bass heads are a bit crazy. It' like a car mechanic installing an engine, with no help, and minimal equipment.

· Registered
12,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
This is what we came up with. Screwed a hook into the ceiling and racket strapped aroun the motor to hold the sub in place.

The fvcked up thing is these subs didn't fit my 18 holes. The spokes wouldn't clear. Now my holes arnt perfect cuz I cuz them with a jig saw but we even tryed to spin the sub and it just wouldn't mount flat.My crossfire xs v2 fit great. And so did the sundown SA 18s and those had the same baskets as thes nsv3 I thought but there just a bit to big.. So now one of these days I gotta trim my holes up so they fit and try this again.

· '12 Focus Bangin
963 Posts
This is what we came up with. Screwed a hook into the ceiling and racket strapped aroun the motor to hold the sub in place.

The fvcked up thing is these subs didn't fit my 18 holes. The spokes wouldn't clear. Now my holes arnt perfect cuz I cuz them with a jig saw but we even tryed to spin the sub and it just wouldn't mount flat.My crossfire xs v2 fit great. And so did the sundown SA 18s and those had the same baskets as thes nsv3 I thought but there just a bit to big.. So now one of these days I gotta trim my holes up so they fit and try this again.
I had the same problem with the Zv4 I bought. The spokes wouldn't clear the cutout all the way up to the gasket. It was weird

· Registered
2,309 Posts

As I said. Lott's of cursing and sweating was involved. (more so the cursing)

· Team SPL Farms
5,316 Posts
Screw the sub to a panel using 5/8 screws using every other hole. Then screw the panel to your baffle. Fill the other 4 holes w 2"screws.

· Registered
396 Posts
I had a similar problem mounting my DD 9918s that are around 85 or 90 lbs. I actually jacked up the front of my vehicle so I could get an incline going on and gravity helped me hold the woofers in while I ran the screws...it was still tough, but it was just enough to help. I had no choice because you could not crawl into the box for that build. But it worked. lol

· Registered
4,432 Posts
just push it in from the front and have a friend screw it in while you're holding the sub

If you're holes are cut the right size it doesn't take much to keep it up until a few screws are in

· Registered
2,285 Posts
Same problem with my Zv3 18's
Those arent even that bad :)

Im 5' 10" 140 lbs soaking wet and I loaded my zv4 12s in my wall (inverted) by myself with a bad shoulder. I would sit it on top of my knee to get it closer, then muscle it up and onto the studs. Hold it there with my knee/feet/one arm then start a nut on both studs to hold it there.

The studs helped in my case, and the woofer isnt as heavy obviously, but inverted is trickier than mounting normally because you get no help from the basket. I would maybe setup something for it to sit on in the vehicle thats higher up than the floor, then muscle it over, put the magnet in the cutout, then try to carefully push the rest of it in without breaking the terminals off the basket. Once its there, hold it with feet/knees/ something then get one screw in.

· Registered
3 Posts
You need some basic tools to mount your subwoofer in an enclosure and connect it to your system. At a minimum, you should have some tools handy before you get started. I have a question. Could i watch some films with Hannah Hawthorne and connect it to my phone? Any ideas?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts