Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm F*CKIN Sexy!
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8 10's

6 12's

or this 6 12's *(no idea on tuning just did it lol)

any ideas?

my max width is 42 wide and 60 deep and 18 tall MAX

thinking of doing 2 layers top and bottom, and 2 layers on back wall.

·
NOT LOUDER THAN YOU :(
7,335 Posts
32 8s!
im being serious also!
do 16 per side or make a horseshoe like big okys sony explode setup

·
I'm F*CKIN Sexy!
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no. too many issues with loading and phasing.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
i like the bottom design

·
I'm F*CKIN Sexy!
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
trying to keep it as musical as possible.

but ride if you want to design something up that will stay that way by all means do.

but it would have to be more of a clam shell than a 6th order. as if I do this, the batteries are moving inside the truck. and the amps will be moved to the rear side of the box.

maybe i'll have enough room to glass my speakers in the bed on the drop gate...

hmmm... options man now i've got to figure out how to make it work LOL!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
i like this

·
I'm F*CKIN Sexy!
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the 3rd would be tuned by the opening going into the cab. basically a panel that would mount to the box. that would be removable and the port would extend into the cab. so that I didn't take any more airspace.

as far as the design..

I don't want to have to cut the truck up just yet. It will happen, but I have ALOT bigger plans for that. *(camper top just to start :) )

but I might just do this 16 10's in a sealed box should get pretty nasty.

·
NOT LOUDER THAN YOU :(
7,335 Posts
i like that idea kinda reminds me of the vibe truck.

·
I'm F*CKIN Sexy!
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah Kenny's truck is pretty nice. But I plan to beat that one :)

the vibe subs aren't bad. but they just aren't what I plan to do lol

he peaks REALLY high, does impress alot of ppl. but with my truck I peak around 44 htz. So I'm looking for some lower fs 10's that will allow me to take advantage of that :)

and he has iirc around 5k :claimed: power to the subs.

and he does around a 54 sealed. *(said to do a 160 but no one has seen that yet lol)

but it sounds good on music its def a ground pounder for sure.

I think that with a pair of 3k's strapped at 1 ohm so around 8krms on 16 10's so around 500 rms per sub on something like 16 sa10's would be pretty sweet.

I should have around .5 per sub. Hopefully with the design that it sits around 5.4 cubes b4 any bracing or sub disp.

I'll prob brace with 2 2x4's per chamber one going from the center of each sub baffle. maybe some wooden dowel.

but might have a hair more airspace per sub if I build the box inside the truck and use every bit of space I have.

I'm trying to see if I do a little cutting to do 12 12's.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
My nissan sentra had 12 12s in a very similar sealed box and played every kind of music and very loud moved lots of air. check out my pics of it on my profile page.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The port and the volume of air in the front chamber acts as a high pass filter. You can get the formulas off of the PDFs at http://www.quarter-wave.com.

Since the third design doesn't have a port (only a front chamber) it won't have the distortion-killing benefits of a good bandpass.

Also, you get much better coupling if you put the woofers VERY close together. Like this:

If possible, invert half of your woofers - it lowers 2nd harmonic distortion. If you don't care about distortion, invert all of them. It increases cooling on the voice coil.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts