Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking at this box design but concerned on the port volume. SA recommends 1 cuft ported per sub for 10'' and I have 2. Trying to keep the tuning low for heavy bass songs, rap and dubstep. These are going into a sedan trunk facing forward and aero forward sealed off from the trunk. Havent bought another amp yet but ready to do so. Prob 750-900 rms per sub at 1ohm. let me know if you see any issues of let me know if it looks wrong.

Thank You Very Much!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
or this one. A lil more internal space

my height max on the box is 13 and width is 28.5'' max. Depth is not an issue

·
Registered
171 Posts
Most will say that you want atleast 12in per foot of port area yours shows less than half of that.Port will need to be bigger and longer or bigger and tuned higher.
Yocom

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bosco
In no way being rude but the E series with a 2 inch coil will not last long at all with that kinda power.
Yocom
That's ok. I'll get a smaller amp. Atleast I'll save a few bucks now. Can afford to get better mid stage up front. Thank you

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Most will say that you want atleast 12in per foot of port area yours shows less than half of that.Port will need to be bigger and longer or bigger and tuned higher.
Yocom
Can you please recommend a port size so they can be still tuned to 32-35 hz then. I will then adjust box depth accordingly. 13" tall and 28" is my max width. Depth I can do anything really. And thank you very much for replying.
Rich

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think this is the best im gonna get with the port area. Ive been told 9-12 is ok with a flared round port. Tuning is a bit higher then I want but am limited on port size. I can do a 6'' but the length would put the port too far forward to fold up my back seats I can handle 2-3'' but not 6-7. you can see the sketch on the MDF that theres a single 6 up top and 2 4'' on top and below. Tight fit. Looks like im going to be using a few pieces of dowel rod front to back and up and down. Let me know.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sorry i was thinking a slot type port.I am not the man to ask on round ports but if your right on the 9-12 than your good.Lets us know how it goes buddy.
Yocom

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry i was thinking a slot type port.I am not the man to ask on round ports but if your right on the 9-12 than your good.Lets us know how it goes buddy.
Yocom
I picked round port since I like to make them. Plus It seemed easier this time

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those are nice.Is that something that you would make and sell if you had some orders?
Yocom
sorry for the delay, didn't see any notifications on email that someone posted here. Picked up some 4'' thin wall sewer pvc pipe today at lowes and a few couplers. Let me see how these 2 ports turn out first. its about 1/8'' thick

·
Registered
212 Posts
I heated cooking oil on the stove to flare mine, took half as long as the heat gun method.

Can also do a round over to get a nice tight fit.

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
using aeroports the rule of thumb is 8 to 10 square inches of port per cube....you have 12 so it will drop off quickly below tuning and be a bit peaky just be aware of that

·
Registered
416 Posts
Are you using a 6 and a 4inch aero? The tuning it going to be tricky. They will act like one air mass, not 2 seperate ones. You'll end up needing length of about a 5inch port to make that work, from what I've been told. (never done this myself, but a guy on a home audio forum did)

Anyways a pair of 4inch aeros will be sufficient for a pair of those subs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you please recommend a port size so they can be still tuned to 32-35 hz then. I will then adjust box depth accordingly. 13" tall and 28" is my max width. Depth I can do anything really. And thank you very much for replying.
Rich
I used 6 in aero port and used 2 90 degree pvc to bend the port to get it tuned to 32 hz and my port was 25 inches And it pounded my car my, all the windows in my house would rattle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts