Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I had finally decided on my setup when I had a wrench thrown in my gears. I was gonna buy 4 sets of Type R Components, and 8 Dayton mids and run them as it says in my signature. Then I was looking at some components the other day and the tweeter was 8 ohm. Not sure if Type R is the same, but I figured it would be. I want to run active on 3 RF 4Ch amps, but now I have absolutely no clue whatsover how to do it. Ive even debated getting 16 8Ohm 50rms mids and 16 8 ohm mids and tweets and running 4 per chan at 2 ohm. Just in case anyone doesnt know, t400-4 does [email protected] and [email protected] and the t600-4 does [email protected] and [email protected] but these amps are always underrated. Guys please help me as I need to start on this pretty quick.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 2006 crew cab chevy silverado too

·
Man Behind the Curtain
1,699 Posts
Would be easier to answer if he would post what he's looking for in terms of loudness, SQ, budget, and what subs/power he's running. If I had to base on whats posted. Do a set of ID horns and dual CX62 per side. t600-4 can run a CX62 per channel. Then t400.4 bridged to each horn.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really want a tweet, a 4" or simliar mid, and a 6.5

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TTT

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ttt

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TTT

·
Chainsaw Squad
3,380 Posts
Would be easier to answer if he would post what he's looking for in terms of loudness, SQ, budget, and what subs/power he's running. If I had to base on whats posted. Do a set of ID horns and dual CX62 per side. t600-4 can run a CX62 per channel. Then t400.4 bridged to each horn.
^^I'd take this man's advice. If I posted a thread and he gave me advice, I'd honor that advice.
Really want a tweet, a 4" or simliar mid, and a 6.5
Why? It seems like you're just wanting a ton of speakers in your doors to be loud to keep up with your substage. I don't feel like the midrange and midbass are necessary.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Some people like to have unnecessary amounts of wire, other like unnecessary amounts of speakers :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts