Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got to vent. I get so tired of repeating to people how to properly set up systems, what ohms are, how to hook up things lol. I'm in the army and everyone in my unit knows I know my stuff, I sold my AQ HDC3 12 and my brutus to one of my sergeants and when installing, he screw the amp down on the floor board of his truck and said, ok its grounded now. I said uhh..no screwing it in does not ground it. Also, the hooking up of speakers, ok if I have a D2 sub, i only have SO many options to hook this up but man these guys all wanna hook up one coil or run em off 4 channel amps, what the hell...lmao... man o man it never gets better...

·
Registered
13,630 Posts
Well maybe they have a budget

·
Redkneck mechanic
2,732 Posts
if you run your mouth off to people and act like u know what your talking about. the odds are they will associate u as being the one to come to when they have problems. its self inflicted. i dont tell anyone i know anything about car audio, and for that matter how to fix cars because i dont want to be burdened with there B/S problems.

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
maybe teach a class one day to all of them, then you only have to say it once

·
Hook me up with dat JL
6,190 Posts
I go through this a lot also. I usually don't mind teaching someone up until the point they think they know more then me and tell me some BS about wiring subs or bass boost. Then I just say "uh huh"and walk away shaking my head.

·
Idk what Im talking about
8,346 Posts
I'll learn how to wire a sub someday

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha well i hate seeing people hook up stuff wrong but people ask qestions like whats a good sub and whats a good amp, how do i hook it up...ha its funny but annoying sometimes. I do like when people know what im talking about, but the next day after i tell them what to buy they run off and get some sony x-plods cause they look cool...i dunno

·
Hook me up with dat JL
6,190 Posts
haha well i hate seeing people hook up stuff wrong but people ask qestions like whats a good sub and whats a good amp, how do i hook it up...ha its funny but annoying sometimes. I do like when people know what im talking about, but the next day after i tell them what to buy they run off and get some sony x-plods cause they look cool...i dunno
whats worse then that is:

Whats the best sub and amp I can buy for $100? Will it be as loud as your set up?

just give them the :eek: look

·
8,346 Posts

·
8,346 Posts
Yea, i do that sometimes or elmer's school glue.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmmmm 100? funky pups run off a pyle deck.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
I just got to vent. I get so tired of repeating to people how to properly set up systems, what ohms are, how to hook up things lol. I'm in the army and everyone in my unit knows I know my stuff, I sold my AQ HDC3 12 and my brutus to one of my sergeants and when installing, he screw the amp down on the floor board of his truck and said, ok its grounded now. I said uhh..no screwing it in does not ground it. Also, the hooking up of speakers, ok if I have a D2 sub, i only have SO many options to hook this up but man these guys all wanna hook up one coil or run em off 4 channel amps, what the hell...lmao... man o man it never gets better...
so whats wrong with them wanting to run off a 4 channel amp?
maybe they know they can bridge and get some get some good power

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
so whats wrong with them wanting to run off a 4 channel amp?
maybe they know they can bridge and get some get some good power
damn you beat me to it

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Eh, I find it funny personally. I'll try to tell 'em.... if they decide not to listen, I step back and let them do as they please.

·
Banned
7,816 Posts
I need a hug.

·
not loud enough
636 Posts
start to charge them a fee for your help.
^^this. I started telling people this when it comes to fixing they're cars and doing system work and amazingly I don't have too many installs or brake jobs to do any more lol. The only people its reserved for now is best friends and select family members (even then I charge food lol).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts