Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received word earlier today that a very good friend of mine lost his life last week in afghanistan. He will truely be missed and I pray for his family.

I'm not here for the sob story, it saddens me but it isn't the reason I'm posting. It did however get me to thinking. How many of us think about those men and women over there? Do we only think of them when something tragic hits close to home? Are you guilty of flipping past a channel that is showing something about the fight? I am guilty as I'm sure many of you are. I think deep down we should all be a little ashamed. I know many of you have family and friends serving either over seas of elsewhere. They are doing the things we can't or won't do. They are making it possible for use to buy and build audio systems. While we bassrace and prep for spl they are prepping for gun fire.

In lue of all this I will be hosting a charity show for all our men and women fighting for us. EVERY penny generated from this show will go to the families of the ones we lost and the ones that were injured. I want this show to be off the chain. I will be calling in all my favors and all my friends to get this going. I expect to see everyone there.

I'm not sure of the date yet as I just heard my news today but I will be blowing up the phone tomorrow to get this rolling. I have already talked with a Marine recruiter friend of mine and he is putting in his calls as well.

If you won't come out and support a show for this cause then don't come out at all.

Sorry for the rant. Hope to see you guys there. Whenever it is.

Thanks
Beau

·
Registered
745 Posts
Very well said Beau we are all guilty of taking what we have for granted. You can count on my full support for this anything you need me to do just let me know:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Count me in! And I'm praying for you and his family and friends to be comforted. My grandfather retired from the Air Force and I always admired and had high respect in what he did for our country!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Count me in! And I'm praying for you and his family and friends to be comforted. My grandfather retired from the Air Force and I always admired and had high respect in what he did for our country!
X200 if its where I can ill come to it as well. Subscribed for the date.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I plan on being there as well. Hope to have a new set up by then. I agree completely and am guilty myself of being ungrateful for what I have sometimes.

·
Registered
745 Posts
thought I would give this a bump don't want it forgotten know everybody is busy with sbns coming up:runaround::runaround:>:D:coffee::coffee:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm kinda new here and you guys probably don't know me BUT I'll def try to attend and show some support for this event...Your a stand up guy for this bro

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Any possibility this could be moved up to April (I'm available to help..seriously)?? I had such a good time @ the last show I hate to wait until May

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
i got 2 out of state shows to do in april not to mention my b-day.
Oh well...I tried...I definitely don't want you to miss out on those shows or a big birthday celebration!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts