Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
7,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, so if anyone has seen my buyer beware thread (see sig) and i am supposed to be receiving a CDX-20a amplifier that goes into protect when playing. heres the specs:

BRAND NEW PRICE
$1,230.95
Description:
RMS Power @ 14.4V DC:
1 x 25W @ 4ohm
1 x 3600W @ 2ohm
RMS Power @ 17V DC:
1 x 50W @ 4ohm
1 x 4000W @ 2ohm
12-17V Power Input
Frequency Response: 10Hz-350Hz
0.2-8V RCA Input Voltage
Short/Overload/Thermal/Protection
LCD Display of Temperature and Voltage
24dB Variable Subsonic Filter
24dB Variable LP Filter
0-18dB Variable Bass Boost
Remote Gain Control Module
CDX8A/CDX10A is Bridgeable with another CDX8A/CDX10A Amplifier
RCA Line Output
2 Ohm Stable
Dimensions: (LWH) 26" x 12.25" x 2.5"

the amp turns on, plays shortly and goes into protect after playing. idk why it happens but Db-r said they have one at the shop that does the same thing and at the time are not fixing them. idk what it could be. anyone know what could cause that?

i was thinking, is it worth fixing and selling? or should i just sell as is? i have 4 memphis mojo 15's that i think i wanna try this thing out on. i mean if i get 2 of these and ran 2 for 2 subs each. have some serious power. i would be in a low low low class :D but it is again a cheater amp.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
most organizations wont let you run multiple amps in the low classes anymore!! so not really a cheater amp anymore but is nice!! wish id have had this like 5 years ago!!lol

7,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
most organizations wont let you run multiple amps in the low classes anymore!! so not really a cheater amp anymore but is nice!! wish id have had this like 5 years ago!!lol
i dont care really what i run. like if its an upgrade from my current system (1 memphis 4kw) two of these would be nice. or i just sell this and buy another 4kw amp :D

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
yes it would be awesome!!! its a nice amp just lettin ya know most organizations did that to stop these kinda amps. i know usaci you can only run 1 amp for stock 0-600 and 3 amps for 601-1800. i would love to see this and another on that though it should get down and sound good!!

7,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it would be awesome!!! its a nice amp just lettin ya know most organizations did that to stop these kinda amps. i know usaci you can only run 1 amp for stock 0-600 and 3 amps for 601-1800. i would love to see this and another on that though it should get down and sound good!!
hahaha lets see.....25watts @ 4ohms. 0-600 class i can run 24 of these lol.
orrrrr lets see.......25watts @ 4ohms 6-1800 i can run 72 of them lol. thank god for amp restrictions

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
talk to billet99 hes done me good with my amps.. fixed amps for a teamate that db-r said couldnt be fixed..

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
lol yeah thats why they did it!!

7,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
talk to billet99 hes done me good with my amps.. fixed amps for a teamate that db-r said couldnt be fixed..
will do. dbr didnt say the "couldnt" they just dont do cliff designs. i dont want ya thinking dbr cant do something haha.

lol yeah thats why they did it!!
thats not fair haha. 72 of these would be badass! haha. 18 of these at 4k on 17v on 1 sub x4 subs haha. that would be amazing.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Usaci also have the divide by rule so the amp would be rated 1800w. But iirc the amp is the same as the MA hk4000d and viskonik 4000d

7,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Usaci also have the divide by rule so the amp would be rated 1800w. But iirc the amp is the same as the MA hk4000d and viskonik 4000d
yes it is the same as the ma hk4000d and viskonik 4000d. it says these amps are almost identical. im just wondering if i should sell as is or repair it and hang onto it than sell it. options! i have no use for it at the current time.

7,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it was delivered :D im heading home from school now to get it. haha. ill take pictures dont worry guys. check my buyer beware thread in like 2 hrs for pictures

1 - 14 of 14 Posts