Car Audio Classifieds! banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
385 Posts
Was wondering if you sealed off the Speaker leads going into the box? If they're just holes with the wire sticking through them I would think there would be some air leaking out of it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Was wondering if you sealed off the Speaker leads going into the box? If they're just holes with the wire sticking through them I would think there would be some air leaking out of it.
actually there VERY tight inside there. it was a struggle to get them through...i could have went bigger on the hole but i made it slightly smaller on purpose and it seals itself. i rather do it that way than going through nuts and bolts adding slightly more resistance in the wire through medium change.

·
Banned
385 Posts
actually there VERY tight inside there. it was a struggle to get them through...i could have went bigger on the hole but i made it slightly smaller on purpose and it seals itself. i rather do it that way than going through nuts and bolts adding slightly more resistance in the wire through medium change.
If it there's the slightest hole, air will escape through it. Why not just buy a little tube of silicon to seal it up for sure. Prolly about 3 bucks.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Are the angles in the port calculated,or ....? Did you change the port lenght because of the kerfed ports? Will be building an 18 box soon,and like your design.
The angles are actually figured into the length and diameter of the port. But not but just adding the total length or diameter. And I actually flare the outside opening of the port larger than the inside opening. There is a reason I do this in most of my boxes, and its an SPL secret.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
If it there's the slightest hole, air will escape through it. Why not just buy a little tube of silicon to seal it up for sure. Prolly about 3 bucks.
There is no air leakage.

I usually use this stuff called wonder putty, its a 2 part epoxy putty that can be swuished into the holes around wires and such. There was no need here.

·
Banned
385 Posts
what's the name of the song in the jesus approves vid?

·
Banned
4,832 Posts
Very nice vids and build, and let me ask how do you like those new Rockford 2500s?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
snow- Hip Hop Doctor-Lil Wayne

BigC-these amps are holding off NICE!! def got some power and the 2 combined are more efficient than my single T4k and putting out more power too :D

Ridnclean-im sorry but joo cant have Juanito...thats my mooonnkey

41 - 60 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.