• delete thread

Votes: 25 69.4%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Peel & Seal works!
7,087 Posts
not sure if any of you all know about what happened but team pulse is moving away from DD. i'm not gonna knock the product.i loved it while i was using it. how they are doing business is what have a problem with.

i think we will still be very competative and maybe even get louder than we were before.

·
Registered
446 Posts
there are quite a few companies that used to rep DD hard moving away from them .. since steve and bradd left seems like they have went down hill.... o well they still get loud but wat ever they are doing to piss dealers off its not good

·
Peel & Seal works!
7,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're dangling a carrot bro, so I'll be the first to ask.... what happened?
basically they are now only about the bottom dollar.(from what i can gather).
ric at pulse has been a loooooooong time loyal dealer and advocate of DD and what they did was just not right.
my 9518 and box(ric built) are on craigslist because of it.maybe(just maybe) only 1 local team pulse member will still be running DD.

i was on facebook and i copied this from a post on rics wall.

Ric Thornton

What's on my mind??? I'll tell ya... GREED. MONEY.

Sometimes no matter what you do, it will NEVER be enough. You can get up everyday, go to work, do the best job you can do... and it will never be enough. Sometimes MONEY makes people/companies/corporations do insane things, like stab you in the back, just to make a buck. I really honestly have no room for this in my life.

Pulse Car Audio is not about a certain brand, it is about PULSE CAR AUDIO, myself, my wife, and my team. Good luck to the greedy, backstabbers that you are, and best of luck. You will need it. GOODBYE.

·
Peel & Seal works!
7,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are quite a few companies that used to rep DD hard moving away from them .. since steve and bradd left seems like they have went down hill.... o well they still get loud but wat ever they are doing to piss dealers off its not good

not only has ric been repping them and breaking records with their gear for 16 or so years he has been helping them doing R&D for them to improve the product for everyone who buys the subs. alot of what is being done now is because of stuff ric has done or suggested.

·
Registered
386 Posts
What car audio are you going with that is a "not for profit" venture? ;)

Reactions: Papered_Up

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
not only has ric been repping them and breaking records with their gear for 16 or so years he has been helping them doing R&D for them to improve the product for everyone who buys the subs. alot of what is being done now is because of stuff ric has done or suggested.
Wow....

·
Peel & Seal works!
7,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What car audio are you going with that is a "not for profit" venture? ;)
making a profit is fine but,not if you do it underhandedly like is being done.

·
Registered
386 Posts
making a profit is fine but,not if you do it underhandedly like is being done.
Why don't you explain in detail?

I just spent 1100 bucks with them and I would like to know what underhanded things they are doing?

I know you want to tell or you wouldnt have started this thread!

·
Peel & Seal works!
7,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the info is out there on facebook and other places. i won't be more specific.sorry. i'm tired and headed to bed. night all.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
ive noticed they dont help you out as much they use to when i called them about a month ago. Its kind of sad that all this is happening because they use to have some very good CS and would help you out on the price if you didnt have a dealer around you. Now you call and you pay retail for everything which is some bs

I guess thats what happens when you start from the bottom and make it to the top, you forget how you got to where you are now and the people that got you there.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well I guess I will defend them because I have had nothing but good experiences with them and their products.

As far as pricing they have some kind of dealer "minimum advertised pricing" so they won't sell directly to the consumer below a certain price. even if there is no dealership near you. I had the same problem.

And one reason a company does that Is to protect the retailers margins.w

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hate to hear that. I like Ric and the Pulse crew.

·
Registered
446 Posts
ive noticed they dont help you out as much they use to when i called them about a month ago. Its kind of sad that all this is happening because they use to have some very good CS and would help you out on the price if you didnt have a dealer around you. Now you call and you pay retail for everything which is some bs

I guess thats what happens when you start from the bottom and make it to the top, you forget how you got to where you are now and the people that got you there.
X2 ^^^ steve was very helpful and after bradd quit they just started to suck with cs .. i think even with bad cs people will still buy and they will continue to make good products but they are money hungry which in the world we live in money makes it go round i understand but dont bite the hand that feeds you ... i no a shop that dd dropped and let another shop start selling them becuz they had a $5k opening order well long story short thats all they got from them becuz that same shop closed the doors 3 months later .. :thumbsup:

·
Do you even demo?
1,797 Posts
yeah hes been running sundown alot for some odd reason. but will power them with dd amps?!?

·
Peel & Seal works!
7,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
X2 ^^^ steve was very helpful and after bradd quit they just started to suck with cs .. i think even with bad cs people will still buy and they will continue to make good products but they are money hungry which in the world we live in money makes it go round i understand but dont bite the hand that feeds you ... i no a shop that dd dropped and let another shop start selling them becuz they had a $5k opening order well long story short thats all they got from them becuz that same shop closed the doors 3 months later .. :thumbsup:
lmao. similar thing happening. a place that i won't mention said they wanted to do a $5k order and DD made them a dealer and all they did was a $1700 order and now i understand that the installer is trying to get his old job at another place back.:rofl: the shop has no saws or equiptment to even do custom boxes. they are using pre-fab ones i guess.:lol: so if the installer leaves and pulse no longer selling DD(but still a dealer) that means DD will have shot themselves in the foot big time. also they tried to give the brand to third shop down the street from the second one and take it from the second shop if the third makes a $5k order. great way to do business isn't it?

·
Peel & Seal works!
7,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah hes been running sundown alot for some odd reason. but will power them with dd amps?!?
those dd amps are for sale($1000 for both i believe) if not sold already.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 164 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.