Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so a couple of weeks ago I bought a Memphis st-1500d from craigslist(I posted a link to it in the gems section). After I bought it I cleaned it up, took pictures, and listed it on ebay. Well today I see a craigslist listing for 4 st-1500d's and 2 st-3004,s. I call the guy talk it over with him and decide to purchase them. He then gives me his address and I type it in gmaps. When I do the route seems very familiar and I remember I bought the first amp one street away from this address. When I was on the phone with the guy he told me he had 6 of the 1500's at one time and was selling the rest because 2 were stolen. So when I get to the guys house I ask him about his amps getting stolen and tell him about my previous purchase on the next street over. I still had the guys number and pictures of the amp and serial number in my phone. The picture of the serial was in sync with his amps. So he asks me to call the guy and see if he has any more 1500's. I do and he says "sure I can get you four more". After we get done talking I show the phone number to the guy and he says "wait that's my nephews number, that son of a *&^$%"....... True story. I will post pics of the amps tomorrow. Also a few will be posted for sale if anyone want a nice set and they came with the links.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,842 Posts
bet he went after his ass real quick.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
LOL......

This is actually one of the few stories on here that was worth reading.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
At least the guy didn't ask you to give him back the other amp. Could have made you, Receiving stolen property. Good thing he got caught

·
Registered
404 Posts
Gotta love family

·
Administrator
31,258 Posts
It's great every time you get stuff back that was stolen from you.

As the uncle, I would press charges on my nephew. [I'm not kidding]

why?
Because I've seen what happens if you let actions like that go unchecked. [when they finally get locked up, it's for something far worse]

For those of you who have stolen or think it's OK to steal, it's not.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
It's great every time you get stuff back that was stolen from you.

As the uncle, I would press charges on my nephew. [I'm not kidding]

why?
Because I've seen what happens if you let actions like that go unchecked. [when they finally get locked up, it's for something far worse]

For those of you who have stolen or think it's OK to steal, it's not.
The question is "Did he get them back"? (Or) Did they sell on Ebay,and get shipped out already? How old was the nephew?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
So how much are these 1500's

Sent from my iPhone using awesomeness

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The question is "Did he get them back"? (Or) Did they sell on Ebay,and get shipped out already? How old was the nephew?
The one on ebay had been shipped already, and the nephew was 18. The guy was going to call the cops, but when he found out it was family he decided not to.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
lol i just made sure i had my serial numbers wrote down. glad he found out who stole them

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Banned
6,061 Posts
I wouldn't have been laughing at all. Like Sonic I probably would have called the cops. I basically would say its either I call the cops, or I'm not talking to the kid ever again. Me and my friends don't mess around like that. Once a fried of ours stole from my best friend, and everyone basically defriended his ass. Pretty much lost 20 friends in one swoop. If you can't trust the people around you, then get away from them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts