·
Registered
2 Posts
critical mass stuff at wicked low prices

critical mass ula-2500 v.2.0 amps and ul-12 subs make the perfect combo
sound quaility and brutal power
i have 3 of each in my land rover
hitting over 152db! and still at 3 ohms vs .75:runaround::hello:
can get more!!!!!! for 100's and even 1000's of dollars off!

·
Registered
33 Posts
ula 2500 v2 worries

just got an critical mass ula 2500 v2. waiting for it to be shipped to me. if they all were priced identically... would you (anyone) buy the

fosgate t2500bd
critical mass ula-2500 v2.0
earthquake ph-d2

to run four fosgate p2d2 12s

they all claim to have about the same wattage output at 1ohm. i hope i didnt make a big mistake buying this amp. i feel i got a killer deal on it but im still nervous it isnt going to perform like i want it to.

·
mine>yours
2,130 Posts
those amps are not as good as the v1, and the v1 is on par with an aq2200. whis is not as good as a Sundown saz2500. I know because I have had them allm and run them all on UL12s.
The v2 is good for a solid 1800 and out side of that it is nothing special. Sorry, just my 0.02

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
its way out of my price range, but i have heard there subs and they sound clean as hell. there more of a sound quality company but make excellent products.

·
Registered
33 Posts
thanks for the response. i guess ill just have to wait and see. i always try to research before i buy something, but it always seems like i always find something better after i buy. maybe i can sell it if i dont like it and make some money!

·
Registered
33 Posts
critical mass ULA2500 is no joke

just hooked up my brand new Critical Mass ULA2500 v2 amp. batteries were dead so all settings on the pioneer premier are default now after recharge. wife is sleeping so couldnt get crazy. 4 2ohm dvc punch p2s sealed box with about .75 cubic foor per sub. amp gain all the down and xover all the way down at 40hz. pioneer at 46 out of sixty. SSSLLLAAAMMMIIINNGGGG! streaming audio over web on iphone to aux port at prolly less than 128kbps. cant wait to tune everything in and play some cds or ipod with songs at 320kbps. louder now than before with old amp tuned and cranked (modified earthquake PH-D2 "Shredder" running at 1ohm)

i have to admit that i'm shocked. i didnt expect much. sound quality is excellent.

would never pay msrp! paid about 1/10th of msrp. happy with my purchase so far. thinking about buying a ULA800 so i have matching equipment.

i really want to crack it open and send some pics to ampguts. gonna wait though... want to keep that warranty just in case. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
the CM ula2500 slams at high volumes like i said. i am only running 4 gauge wire. originally i only pounded it for short testing bursts. the amp overheats and goes into protection when cranked for about 30 seconds. i contacted the tech department at CM, no easy task! they said i need to run 0 gauge to be able to run this at high volumes without it overheating. i realize that 4 gauge is only cable of doing about 1000 watts (roughly) so i purchased the cable and all the necessary hardware to make the upgrade. i will have to gut the interior of my show truck (which won 1st place in the import/lowrider class over the weekend). i'm gonna try 0 gauge from the rear kinetik battery to the amp this weekend and see what that does. i have a couple more shows this summer and don't want to rip the truck apart yet to do the full upgrade. i will post my findings on the critical mass ula2500 later.

·
3/17/2011 RIP
22,939 Posts
Damn I haven't heard about CM in so long I forgot they existed. lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
ok it is my impression that these critical mass ul-a2500 v2 amps are not truly 1ohm stable. i upgraded my alternator from a 150 to a 180amp. i upgraded the big 3 with 0 gauge and ran 0 gauge (replacing my 4 gauge) to the rear kinetik and to the amp per critical mass to fix the overheating issue. NO CHANGE. in one ohm with a steady 12.2 volt running to the amp it would over heat and go into protection within 20 seconds. the amp ran just as hot running at 2 ohm but never shut off. so you can buy them all day on ebay for around $600 but IMO they are worth maybe $200-250 for what you get out of them. the amp is poorly crafted. it looks like a $200.00 amp. this company is all hype, and their tech support is worthless. the box it ships in is a joke and the "manual" was literally 4 8x10 pages printed off on a black and white printer and stapled together. i also found that american bass makes an identical amp, the phantom ph4000md. google it... its the same chassis, the same side panels and connectors and very similar specs. this amp sells for $250-300.

stay away! dont believe the hype! buy what you know or can go somewhere and listen too. there is a reason why there is little to no info on this company or any of their amps anywhere on the internet.

·
mine>yours
2,130 Posts
ok it is my impression that these critical mass ul-a2500 v2 amps are not truly 1ohm stable. i upgraded my alternator from a 150 to a 180amp. i upgraded the big 3 with 0 gauge and ran 0 gauge (replacing my 4 gauge) to the rear kinetik and to the amp per critical mass to fix the overheating issue. NO CHANGE. in one ohm with a steady 12.2 volt running to the amp it would over heat and go into protection within 20 seconds. the amp ran just as hot running at 2 ohm but never shut off. so you can buy them all day on ebay for around $600 but IMO they are worth maybe $200-250 for what you get out of them. the amp is poorly crafted. it looks like a $200.00 amp. this company is all hype, and their tech support is worthless. the box it ships in is a joke and the "manual" was literally 4 8x10 pages printed off on a black and white printer and stapled together. i also found that american bass makes an identical amp, the phantom ph4000md. google it... its the same chassis, the same side panels and connectors and very similar specs. this amp sells for $250-300.

stay away! dont believe the hype! buy what you know or can go somewhere and listen too. there is a reason why there is little to no info on this company or any of their amps anywhere on the internet.
Critical Mass started out as a great company, and had very good build quality, innovation, customer service... But when they were bought out by this bunch of yahoos and the founder left, it went to crap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts