Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everybody's opinion on custom subs? And if you like them What is the best combination that you like? I am looking to buy a custom 8 and was just wondering what you guys thought about them.

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
They are the SAME as any subwoofer, but usually the avg joe who thinks he can build subs who thinks multiple stiff spiders etc is going to kick ass will build you a POS. Usually what alot of builders do is build similar to marketed ones and use parts from them or experiment.

They can be better or much worse.

For an 8 the best thing that needs to be implemented is trying to get a deep basket for decent excursion. These subs will usually have a low qts and perhaps highish fs because the cones are light, but there are companies that use looser suspensions and or heavier cones.

you can expiriment with diff cone masses/spider comliances. etc...Take notes and tsps..

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
buy some sa-8's, sweet subs that have been proven to take some abuse

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
I'd just stick with a sundown sa-8.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Tacomaguy can tell you about his sounsplinter 8s...those things are beast...also look at sa8, lvl2 8, Addictive xcrucia8

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Pierce audio wmd series 1 8"

·
Registered
33,855 Posts
lvl5 10's have same problem hell even sig 10's do
problem of a 8' high xmax 3'' coiled sub would be suspension running out

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Tacomaguy can tell you about his sounsplinter 8s...those things are beast...also look at sa8, lvl2 8, Addictive xcrucia8
definately the best 8 i've tried out so far(rli-8)....If you can find them, buy them

I'm slowly hoarding them lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts