Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well I'm off on another adventure. Sold the aq 15 and picked up a DD 9515f that had a bad coil. here are some pics of been done so far. Plans are to put it in a 4th order, I called kyle at dd today and told him what I wanted to do and he says it will with the G basket an recone he'll send. So any opinions please don't mind saying it I'm still open to thoughts. Heck if it don't work i'll just build a reg ported box.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Going to clean up the top an bottom plate and primer an paint them also going to paint the basket. Any ideas on what to use I was thinking scotch bright pad.:dontknow:

·
Me > Lord Van
2,831 Posts
Make sure you don't use that plastic spacer with the new style basket. Those are meant for the 4-spoke ONLY.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I just haven't around to taking it off, thank though that's the kind of responce I'm looking for:thumbsup:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they are great motors and i all but stole this one but he set the price who am i to argue:rofl:I heard the 3500 in a 4th order and they were bad, Kyle says it the same coil and spiders just bigger motor. trying to get a box design now

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A little update, got my box design today and ordered the new basket and recone today. Will start building it this weekend hopefully will post pics getting a new camera tomorrow:runaround::D

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
A little update, got my box design today and ordered the new basket and recone today. Will start building it this weekend hopefully will post pics getting a new camera tomorrow:runaround::D
Nice!! Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I took an old 1cuft box and put the dd w6.5 that were in the doors in it today just to have a little bass and damn I was surprized they sounded fantastic they reminded me why I love DD can't wait to get my 9500 built and playing:runaround:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok need advice here. I have a design for a 4th order bandpass and I am designing a reg ported box. Which one do I do. I know people say that 9500 don't play good in a 4th order

·
Registered
112 Posts
i got some ?'s why not leave the 4 spoke basket on unless you like or want the 12 spoke? what ohm load? and i also called dd and they said the 9515 will be perfect for 6 order.i told them bought the 4th order they work best with 3500 series and lower seam like. and post pictures of steps cause i have to do the same for my 9515 d motor;)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm changing it form a 15 to a 12 using the newer g series basket and recone will be d1ohm. Already decided on the regular ported box. Will be posting pics of the sub build and box build.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
cleaned up the motor and painted it today it's gray metallic here are a few pics hope you can see it:runaround: How do you put regular size pic on here
Nice...In order to put regular sized pictures, you will need to put them on photobucket.com or tinypic.com and then paste the link it gives you after uploading it. If you need me to help you just call me and I can walk you through the steps.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts