Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be running 2 soundstream 1500D's powering to cascade omegas. Just wondering what i'll need to do for elecrical? Would i want to put extra batteries in the back? If so how many would you recommened? thanks

·
Ω rise is way too high..
3,784 Posts
with stock alt, im sure a few batts in the back would be fine. pushing about 1600w, look into 2 smaller or 1 bigger XS. 2 9xx or 1 1200. thats ontop of your front battery, dont take that out or anything.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah have a stock alt. not even sure what it is. 2000 grand am. I have red top up front. now just need some for the trunk. would running 2 kenitik 600's work?

·
30Hz
6,601 Posts
for the price of 2 small batts yer better off with one big batt hc2000 or hc2400. with a stock alt a batt is just a band aid on yer electrical.

i would first spend that batt money on a alt that will pretty much power the 2 amps.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
your better replacing that stock alt first. u can have many batts as u want but if u dont have alt for em its not gonna matter.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
no problem bro im a dealer for highout put alts if u need one lmk ill get u hooked up.

·
Ja Marcus
6,975 Posts
for the price of 2 small batts yer better off with one big batt hc2000 or hc2400. with a stock alt a batt is just a band aid on yer electrical.

i would first spend that batt money on a alt that will pretty much power the 2 amps.
This is not true. The alternator is only ment to charge/maintain. You are better off spending your money on batteries with your set up.

Here is a little artical you should read...:thumbsup:
http://www.zena.net/htdocs/alternators/AutoSound.shtml

·
30Hz
6,601 Posts
This is not true. The alternator is only ment to charge/maintain. You are better off spending your money on batteries with your set up.

Here is a little artical you should read...:thumbsup:
http://www.zena.net/htdocs/alternators/AutoSound.shtml
its only gonna work as long as the batt has the reserve. once thats depleted the alt cant keep up with the current draw. then there is just gonna be bad voltage drops.

a 100 amp alt is only gonna do so much with the current draw them amps are gonna use. sure it will work for longer period of time with multi batts. still gonna be in the same boat once the batts are drained.

·
Ja Marcus
6,975 Posts
The alternator does not provide any capacity so how would that do anything especially if he is only running 2-3 batteries. You are right once Ampacity of the batteries exceeds the amount of current the alt can provide then a larger/multiple alts are then needed. But only to charge the batteries. The alt does not provide the capacity that a battery does. Therefore he would be better off spending his money on a battery/batteries. By adding batteries he extends his reserve equalizing discharge across multiple batteries rather then draining one battery completely.

You also have to remember music is transient so he will not be pulling 3k all the time.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what size alt would i need to upgrade to? I think it's a 100 amp now. just stock. looked into maybe running two but i don't think i can fit 2 in there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts