Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im going to be running a rockford fosgate t400-2 at 4 ohms. birthsheet says 516 watts at four ohms on my dc level 2 8.

would i need to do any electrical upgrades? is big 3 even necessary?

im running 2 gauge rf wire to a distro block with 4 gauge hyperflex or kolossus (have to see which i like more)

************VVVV QUESTION VVVV*************

what wire would be better?
Hyperlex is more flexible and it is 1862 strand SILVER tinned OFC
Knu wire is 2058 strand OFC

·
Banned
48 Posts
big 3 is always a good thing as it helps the other electronics in your car as well by moving the current more efficiently

i do not forsee you needing any other upgrades at this point

·
Registered
868 Posts
Not necessary but Big 3 wouldn't hurt

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Lol... I don't have the big 3 yet, and I'm running probably close to 1400 watts in total, considering my 750.1 normally has birthsheets in the 930 watt range. My 350.4 birthsheet is 425. I haven't done the big 3 yet, and I'm fine, although my headlights do dim sometimes. Your vehicle is newer than mine, so the electrical system is in better shape since mine is stock. Long story short, you'll be alright.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Lol... I don't have the big 3 yet, and I'm running probably close to 1400 watts in total, considering my 750.1 normally has birthsheets in the 930 watt range. My 350.4 birthsheet is 425. I haven't done the big 3 yet, and I'm fine, although my headlights do dim sometimes. Your vehicle is newer than mine, so the electrical system is in better shape since mine is stock. Long story short, you'll be alright.
Get the knu wire you'd probably save some cash

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Im going to be running a rockford fosgate t400-2 at 4 ohms. birthsheet says 516 watts at four ohms on my dc level 2 8.

would i need to do any electrical upgrades? is big 3 even necessary?

im running 2 gauge rf wire to a distro block with 4 gauge hyperflex or kolossus (have to see which i like more)

************VVVV QUESTION VVVV*************

what wire would be better?
Hyperlex is more flexible and it is 1862 strand SILVER tinned OFC
Knu wire is 2058 strand OFC
no upgrades needed at all for such a small amount of power. you would be throwing money away. unless you just want to do larger wire or other upgrades if there is a possibility of upgrading equipment and far more power later.
the problem these days is with amps accepting 1/0 power and grounds, dual or more people have it in their heads they HAVE TO HAVE huge wire and a bunch of it, the big 3(a waste in almost EVERY case), extra batts, etc....

for what you say you are going to run you would be more than good with 4ga wire and wouldnt have any issues. its not going to hurt anything if you wanted to run 1/0 from under the hood to a distro that splits to 4ga.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts