Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NEED EVERYONE'S HELP

I WANNA RUN 2 12" DC AUDIO LEVEL 5 SUBs I HAVE A DC Power 270 AMP XP ALTERNATOR INSTALLED ALREADY I WANT 2 GET ABOUT 6000RMS OUT OF THEM about 3k per sub IT WILL BE GOING IN A DAILY DRIVER BUT NEED A LIL ADVICE FROM SOME TRUE AUDIO GUYS LOL

1. HOW BIG SHOULD THE BOX BE FOR THE BEST QUALITY I HAVE A 3.8cubes BOX THAT I HAD MY 2 12" LVL 4S IN WILL THAT WORK IF I MACK IT REAL STURDY OR NEED BIGGER BOX ?

2.I HAVE 2 BATTERY TRAYS UNDER MY HOOD, IF I PUT 2 Kinetik HC2400 UNDER THE HOOD AND ANOTHER IN THE BACK WILL THAT BE GOOD ON VOLTAGE ?

3.WHAT IS A GOOD AMP TO RUN THE 2 SUBS ON I WAS LOOKING AT THE Stetsom 5k2 d 1ohm OR NAME SOME GOOD AMP I COULD LOOK INTO

PLz HELP
THX

·
Registered
8,594 Posts
NEED EVERYONE'S HELP

I WANNA RUN 2 12" DC AUDIO LEVEL 5 SUBs I HAVE A DC Power 270 AMP XP ALTERNATOR INSTALLED ALREADY I WANT 2 GET ABOUT 5500-6000RMS OUT OF THEM IT WILL BE GOING IN A DAILY DRIVER BUT NEED A LIL ADVICE FROM SOME TRUE AUDIO GUYS LOL

1. HOW BIG SHOULD THE BOX BE FOR THE BEST QUALITY I HAVE A 3.8cubes BOX THAT I HAD MY 2 12" LVL 4S IN WILL THAT WORK IF I MACK IT REAL STURDY OR NEED BIGGER BOX ?

2.I HAVE 2 BATTERY TRAYS UNDER MY HOOD, IF I PUT 2 Kinetik HC2400 UNDER THE HOOD AND ANOTHER IN THE BACK WILL THAT BE GOOD ON VOLTAGE ?

3.WHAT IS A GOOD AMP TO RUN THE 2 SUBS ON I WAS LOOKING AT THE Stetsom 5k2 d 1ohm OR NAME SOME GOOD AMP I COULD LOOK INTO

PLz HELP
THX

ur prolly gonna wanna go about 1cu per driver on that much power...is that 6k to both or 6k total??...if its 6k total, 1.5ish...ur gonna need more batt power for that many watts...answer if the 6k is TOTAL and ill be able to help more??

·
Premium Member
17,858 Posts
looks like you got a good start.

·
NOT LOUDER THAN YOU :(
7,335 Posts
ur prolly gonna wanna go about 1cu per driver on that much power...is that 6k to each or 6k total??...if its 6k total, 1.5ish...ur gonna need more batt power for that many watts...answer if the 6k is TOTAL and ill be able to help more??
made no scense the other way you had it man. also let us know because idk about lvl 5 on 6k each daily. would be tough

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ur prolly gonna wanna go about 1cu per driver on that much power...is that 6k to both or 6k total??...if its 6k total, 1.5ish...ur gonna need more batt power for that many watts...answer if the 6k is TOTAL and ill be able to help more??

6k total

·
Ladies love my pole
3,814 Posts
Get a DC 5k for the pair with 3-4 good batts.

·
I'm F*CKIN Sexy!
2,132 Posts
well let me ask you this are you wanting 6krms? or 6k peak

also is that 6k rms per sub?

reason I ask is because i'm putting 6krms to my 1 lvl5 18.

the 12's will take it. You *(might) have slight issues with the surround on 6krms per sub.

with 3000 rms per sub you should have no issues. but at 6krms your coils will get STINKY fast and in a hurry.

3k will be fine daily but on long drawn out runs they will slowly get warm

iirc Thor had around 4k rms on his 10's *(clamped power) and they got stinky..

from personal experience the sub will take the power. I've had my lvl5 on 4k rms daily since august of 2010. and have never been light on the volume knob lol.

then 6k rms for the past 3 months on one.

I have the 270 xp alt from dc as well.

I have x1 *115 AH battery up front and x8 80 *AH batts in the rear.

with all of that at 6k rms I see 14 volts even at full tilt.

Now understand that the sub gets stupid hot. with songs that are more a tone than song I might see 13.8

but just make sure that you have the proper loading capabilities and you give the sub enough port. if your doing 6k rms do about 80 sq inches of port for the sub *(if your doing an spl setup that plays music :)

you'll be happy!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well let me ask you this are you wanting 6krms? or 6k peak

also is that 6k rms per sub?

reason I ask is because i'm putting 6krms to my 1 lvl5 18.

the 12's will take it. You *(might) have slight issues with the surround on 6krms per sub.

with 3000 rms per sub you should have no issues. but at 6krms your coils will get STINKY fast and in a hurry.

3k will be fine daily but on long drawn out runs they will slowly get warm

iirc Thor had around 4k rms on his 10's *(clamped power) and they got stinky..

from personal experience the sub will take the power. I've had my lvl5 on 4k rms daily since august of 2010. and have never been light on the volume knob lol.

then 6k rms for the past 3 months on one.

I have the 270 xp alt from dc as well.

I have x1 *115 AH battery up front and x8 80 *AH batts in the rear.

with all of that at 6k rms I see 14 volts even at full tilt.

Now understand that the sub gets stupid hot. with songs that are more a tone than song I might see 13.8

but just make sure that you have the proper loading capabilities and you give the sub enough port. if your doing 6k rms do about 80 sq inches of port for the sub *(if your doing an spl setup that plays music :)

you'll be happy!
thx man ya it was 3k per sub

·
NOT LOUDER THAN YOU :(
7,335 Posts
look into xs d3100s idk on box size my lvl4 with 5 coils seemed to like smaller boxes but killed serious lows in my 8 cube box.

·
I'm F*CKIN Sexy!
2,132 Posts
with the lvl 5 18 I have it in 5.7 to 5.9 cubes with 90 sq inches of port tuned at 25 htz LOL

also had another wall at 5.2 cubes with 176 sq inches of port tuned at 38 htz. and another box at 6.2 cubes with 120 sq inches of port at 36 htz

the large port worked the best. I've also played with a lvl5 12, it worked well with 1.5 cubes with 76 sq inches of port was tuned at 38 htz and it got LOUD iirc he did out of a civic on my 1 3k with my electrical at 1 ohm so 3k rms did a 148 out of the trunk lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts