Car Audio Classifieds! banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Elite Member
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as much as I like the equipment DD makes, Ive had enough of them. Ive always been kind of treated like I dont matter to them as a customer and 8 out of 10 times ive talked to them Ive felt like Im un-needed or un-wanted as a customer to them.

I called today to order another woofer like I have now, an all carbon fiber alumininum coiled 9515H...got Kads on the phone as my salesman, told him what I wanted, and he had to ask someone about pricing since I wanted an aluminum coil. Said he would have another salesman get right back to me. Okay, no problem.

Kads called me back about 2.5 hours later, and we started talking about the build. He told me that the 9515 sells for 844$ for the base model, but he would do 699$ plus shipping (just as the starting base price, all my options extra)...I told him I bought a 9515H base model just a few months ago and I only gave 620$ shipped for it (I have receipt to prove this). He told me there was no way I got it that cheap and that he didnt know who sold it to me but there was no way he could go that low on it.

Okay, so I told him just to forget it and that I would just sell the sub I have now and go with some other company...

He says, "Okay, thanks".

Then I hang up. Are you kidding me? DD could really care less? Granted, I havent spent multiple thousands of dollars with them, at least not yet anyway, although in the next couple months I had planned on buying all new components and a 4ch amp from them (along with another custom 9515 I tried buying today).

Has DD treated anyone else like this?

I'll be putting up a for sale ad for the 9515 tomorrow and possibly the DD Z-SE amp I have unless DD gets back to me and at least tries to make me feel better about all this...at least give me a reason or something....even hey, our material prices got jacked way up so we have to charge more now or something excuse, just not okay well screw off if you dont like the new price thing.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
been that way as long as I can remember

·
Premium Member
3,902 Posts
Where's the receipt? Scan it for us. Looks like they gave you a price and you didn't like it. Why the sandy vagina?why the thread?

·
Chainsaw Squad
3,380 Posts
I'll still pay the price because I like the product.

To have them build my 9500G motor into my current 15 (dry 8" carbon cap, d1.5, frame, gasket, etc.) it cost me around $350. A little for a full rebuild, in my opinion. But whatever. I've been happy with the product.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
customer service is key in this industry.

·
Elite Member
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maybe so, but in the end the customer is what keeps the business going.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hmmm that sucks. I email back an forth with them daily and have talked to Kevin Doyle and KADS on the phone a few times. Always been good to me. Hopefully they make it all better for you

·
Elite Member
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and I love the product too, I have been paying the price to run DD stuff. But as for the customer service goes, I will go somewhere else who treats me better even if their stuff maybe isnt as good. although we all know there are some other companies out there with products on the same level as DD

·
Quite Northern Michigan
1,309 Posts
Where's the receipt? Scan it for us. Looks like they gave you a price and you didn't like it. Why the sandy vagina?why the thread?
Are you kidding? Its not that fact that the price is higher, its the morals. You dont just treat a customer like shit and expect them to keep buying from you.

·
Elite Member
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
heres the invoice for the first one I purchased a few months back

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
IMO customer service is everything, its the reason i know longer run DD, IA, or AQ :( only company I had trouble with parts wise was AQ.

·
Elite Member
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you kidding? Its not that fact that the price is higher, its the morals. You dont just treat a customer like shit and expect them to keep buying from you.

Exactly...thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
I don't even run DC anymore but I think their CS is top notch, i cant think of another company to even compare them to

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
DD is known for treating people like this. Pretty common. You don't think they asked for team applicants because people were knocking down their door do ya.

·
Elite Member
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
what really grinds my gears about it is for the last few months I have also been putting DD's name out around here as no-one around my area has ever heard about them, and I have never spoken a bad word about DD until now. But Kads couldnt come off the price by like 70$ just to make me happy and have future business from me? Like they werent going to make some money off me anyway and especially for the custom build which Im sure they would have made some money on? To have another happy customer spreading the good word about DD and not one pissed off guy telling everyone they know not to buy DD?

1 - 20 of 269 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.