Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently in the market to start my first ever big build that will require electrical upgrades and all. I’ve had single sub set ups, never ran over 2000 watts but it’s finally time for me to quit playing around and get a big boy system. So with that being said I’m looking for some experts to help me. I’m planning on running (2) 15s or (2) 18s, wanting some subs that will be able to handle 5k rms. I am lost on what subs I want, I know box is a big factor in what notes can be played but most of my systems have never been able to play down below 30 hertz and sound good. So I’m looking for subs that can hit those low notes but also hit in the high 30s. So looking for suggestions on that. With all that being said, if I wanted to run a 5k rms amp, what kind of electrical upgrades will I need? Would adding a 2nd alt to my stock alt and battery or 2 be better or would just buying one big alt and a battery or 2 be better? I’ve never had to upgrade my electrical like this so it’s all new to me. I appreciate all the answer, suggestions and tips. Help me get this thing rolling.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts