Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any first hand experience with this component set? I currently have 6.5" polk coaxials ghetto rigged into my door thanks to a dremel, but I'm wanting to go back to stock door panels and stock speaker sizes. I was wondering if this set was worth dropping the $300 on, as that is definitely a great bit more than I've ever spent on any speaker, let alone front stage. However, I recently amplified my interior speakers, and am now after some nice, high quality sound. Opinions?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Focal is a bad ass product

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Depends what you're looking for. They're designed as more of an SQ product, and so might not be what you're looking for if you're going for SPL. My thoughts are that if you question the need to spend $300 for your front stage, they are likely not for you.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends what you're looking for. They're designed as more of an SQ product, and so might not be what you're looking for if you're going for SPL. My thoughts are that if you question the need to spend $300 for your front stage, they are likely not for you.
I appreciate the honesty, but I'm actually neither after spl or sq. I'd like a nice balance between the two. I'm just making my vehicle a daily groundpounder with an above average listening environment as far as quality is concerned. I'm not going to any competitions, but I still believe that I deserve to treat myself to the same sonic bliss enjoyed by both the hardcore sq and spl crowd.

Edit: Thanks for the recommendation Xander. Looking into rainbow now, and I definitely like what I see.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured the tweeters were smoother when I saw they were silk dome as opposed to the aluminum in the Focal set. Thanks for the help man. I never even thought I'd look at a front stage of this quality. I had the extreme fortune (or misfortune, depending on how you look at it) of hearing a high quality and meticulously prepared automotive sound system, and I'm absolutely hooked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts