Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm sure you guys have seen atleast one of my threads about my HX2's I got in the mail whether it be the thread I made when I got em or the thread I made in attempt to murder them by blasting them @ 15Hz.

Anyways, I had gotten a partial refund from the kid who sold me the dud woofers. But... I also have a UPS claim active because those retards dropped a gallon of paint on one of the sub boxes and it soaked it, and ****ed up the suspension and I think cracked the dustcap loose too.

So the subs were dropped off this past Monday, and guess who shows up to my door today? The UPS guy shows up and says "I'm here to pick up a package." I told him the whole deal how there was two packages, one was damaged, and the one that was damaged I do not even have the original packaging due to the paint being on it and that the UPS driver physically had me come to his truck and remove the sub from the packaging right then and there. After describing the scenario a few times over... he finally got the picture and said "Well, I'll have to go back and get the original packaging from him and come back tomorrow. We're allowed 3 attempts to reclaim it." So WTF? If he can't get it solved by tomorrow or friday, then I'm just ****ed?

So maybe a few hours after this encounter, I get a call on my cell phone... says "Blocked". I figure it's a prank from one of my friends and almost decide not to pick it up... but I do anyways. It's the UPS guy again. He asks me to describe the damages and I do over the phone. I tell him how the subwoofer's suspension is collapsed and the dustcap was cracked and the coil is rubbing. He says, "OK, we'll be picking this up for UPS to inspect and then ship back to the original shipper."

WTF?!?! Why in the **** would they send ONE of my TWO subs back to the original shipper/seller. What the **** would he do with it? I need to get it repaired and they want to send it back?!?! Does anyone know what I can do in this situation? They say they need to assess the damages, but then they want to ship it back. I just want to show them the quote for it to get repaired and then get the ****ing thing repaired! I'm leaving for school in a week and a half and this is bullshit.

Sorry, I'm done venting now:runaround:

No... but seriously though, does anyone have any advice or has anyone personally dealt with UPS claims before? I'm kind of running blind here and I really don't know how to go about getting my claim resolved in an actual sensible fashion... like giving me the cash to recone these and not send them back to get reconed and then sending them back AGAIN and wasting another 100 in shipping.

·
Administrator
31,258 Posts
The seller is following up on the claim..

he thinks he stands to benefit.
Don't worry about him. just do what I tell you and forget the seller. He's a **** who sold you junk that luckily got damaged.

I say... Call 1800pickups and tell them that you will not allow it to leave your posession and that you will send them a copy of the repair bill from the speaker repair company (TEAM PSI).

This is your one chance to get UPS in-line and on the right course of action.

Be stern and determined.

Tell them to give you the address to send the bill to and that you will get back to them later.

then get it fixed and send the paperwork in

·
Blow-thru KING
1,919 Posts
Dont let UPS screw you in any way.

Be the mouthiest person you can be. If they still are refusing tell them to mail a tape of the recorded conversation for your records.

That seems to get them to jump.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Don't worry about him. just do what I tell you and forget the seller. He's a **** who sold you junk that luckily got damaged.

I say... Call 1800pickups and tell them that you will not allow it to leave your posession and that you will send them a copy of the repair bill from the speaker repair company (TEAM PSI).

Be stern and determined.

Tell them to give you the address to send the bill to and that you will get back to them later.

Luckily that's one of the first things I did. I contacted David at TeamPSI and had him print me up an official quote to have the speaker repaired.

What should I do when the UPS guy shows up to pick up the package tomorrow to "assess the damages"?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dont let UPS screw you in any way.

Be the mouthiest person you can be. If they still are refusing tell them to mail a tape of the recorded conversation for your records.

That seems to get them to jump.
Well, it is actually IN their physical records that it was damaged via I think water damage (the paint can). So it's not just my word against theirs... the dude that dropped it off logged in what happened. I just don't understand why they want to ship the package back to the seller. THEY ****ed the package up, do they expect the seller to pay to have it fixed and then ship it back? LOL... are they ****ing retarded?

·
Administrator
31,258 Posts
Luckily that's one of the first things I did. I contacted David at TeamPSI and had him print me up an official quote to have the speaker repaired.

What should I do when the UPS guy shows up to pick up the package tomorrow to "assess the damages"?
Make sure you call the 800 number and let them know first thing in the morning.
(that's like 11am to UPS cause I think they run on Pacific time)
Then when he shows up, tell him
"It's not leaving my posession." period.

He can have a good day or a bad day about it. All he needs to know is that it's not leaving your posession.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

He can have a good day or a bad day about it. All he needs to know is that it's not leaving your posession.
But if he can't take it with him to "assess the damages", won't he just be like "Fine, your claim is invalid unless we can inspect it and then drop my claim?"

Do you have AIM? My SN is DNick454, I'm guessing you've been through this whole ordeal before? You have a moment to chat? :hello:

·
Banned
10,192 Posts
It is standard for UPS to pick up the package and inspect it and then return it to the shipper, they are not trying to screw you over it's just how they work.

If you call them and say you want an "in home inspection" because the driver kept the original packaging and you don't have any thing to package it in for pick up they should do it, also they have offered me the option of sending them pictures of the damage before but I never went through with it so I'm not sure what happens then.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is standard for UPS to pick up the package and inspect it and then return it to the shipper, they are not trying to screw you over it's just how they work.

If you call them and say you want an "in home inspection" because the driver kept the original packaging and you don't have any thing to package it in for pick up they should do it, also they have offered me the option of sending them pictures of the damage before but I never went through with it so I'm not sure what happens then.
I understand... but even if I agree for them to take it and return it to the shipper, what the hell does that accomplish. Now I have no money for that sub to be reconed, no refund for the sub in general, and no SUB! As if the shipper is going to do anything about it?

So let's say I give UPS the sub to ship back. How does that accomplish anything?!

·
Administrator
31,258 Posts

Be stern and determined.

You want the sub. The damage doesn't change that.
So don't let it leave your posession.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
You gotta man up when you talk to UPS cause they want to screw. Trust me I've been through it. Unless you start talkng to them like you're someone big and scare the sh1t outta them it's pointless. A while back a driver STOLE my buddys package and frauded his signature. UPS said you signed for it and the driver gave it to you. He asked for a copy of the signature and it was nthing like his. He then threatened them he would have it investigated and find out who really signed it. UPS shit their pants cryed about it and the driver said he would "help" look for the lost package. 4 days later he "finds" it. He says he delivered it to the wrong house(which makes no sense) and went back and got it(which makes no sense at all).

True story.

You just gotta talk big and make thinga go your way.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So more or less... when he stops by tomorrow to pickup the package. I just say that I'm not letting it leave my possession? What can I expect as a response to that?

Should I just hand him the quote to get it repaired and tell him the sub is not leaving this residence?

·
Banned
318 Posts
Hey man you can catch more flies with honey,I wouldn't be an ass,just be firm in what you want,I would have contacted UPS by phone and talked to the biggest manager that I could,the drivers have no control,if their told to go pick up a package,that's what they do,really no point at all in arguing with the driver,call first thing in the morning,before the driver even shows up,if the seller purchased insurance that may be the reason they want to send it back to him,since he sold it to you it may be up to him to make it right with you.

·
Administrator
31,258 Posts
The damage to the sub didn't change what you were going to get. The seller sold you junk.

Just cancel the UPS claim cause what they did had no effect on it and you've already accepted a partial refund.. which btw is only a good thing if you get to keep the subs.

If you let them take one back, then the seller gets to make out big time and you and UPS get fukked.

I don't know what all your refund could be misconstrued to mean but paypal may look at it as though you were refunded for one sub.

I know you wanted to make out on this deal and get the subs basically the way they should have been for the money you paid... but it may end up costing what ever the UPS claim would have paid you if it would have paid you anything...

Giving up the UPS claim is better than loosing a sub.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Basically what I told UPS is that both subs arrived at my house... one of which was ok, the other which is ****ed up, due to them dropping the paint can on it. I want them to pay to fix the sub that they messed up. I've already made amends with the seller for the one I described as "OK".

·
Banned
318 Posts
The damage to the sub didn't change what you were going to get. The seller sold you junk.

Just cancel the UPS claim cause what they did had no effect on it and you've already accepted a partial refund.. which btw is only a good thing if you get to keep the subs.

If you let them take one back, then the seller gets to make out big time and you and UPS get fukked.

I don't know what all your refund could be misconstrued to mean but paypal may look at it as though you were refunded for one sub.

I know you wanted to make out on this deal and get the subs basically the way they should have been for the money you paid... but it may end up costing what ever the UPS claim would have paid you if it would have paid you anything...

Giving up the UPS claim is better than loosing a sub.

This is true,the seller is the one entitled to the damage claim from UPS,since it was he who paid for the service,I know you paid him,but if he gave you a partial refund,why are you trying to get more than you paid?If I remember right(and I could be wrong)you paid like 220.00 for both subs,and got refunded 150.00,just look at it as if you paid for the motors and baskets,get the recones and you have yourself a pair of new subs.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is true,the seller is the one entitled to the damage claim from UPS,since it was he who paid for the service,I know you paid him,but if he gave you a partial refund,why are you trying to get more than you paid?If I remember right(and I could be wrong)you paid like 220.00 for both subs,and got refunded 150.00,just look at it as if you paid for the motors and baskets,get the recones and you have yourself a pair of new subs.
I paid 220 expecting a pair of perfect working order subs. I got a pair of trashed motors and baskets. Even with the 150 I got from him, that covers only 1 of the recones. I'm looking for UPS to cover the other recone since they dropped a god damn gallon of paint on the other one.

If I just take the 150, that means instead of spending the original 210 I expected for a pair of subs, I'm paying 360 to get where I was SUPPOSED to be in the first place.

Regardless of the amount he gave me back to fix the one, the OTHER one that UPS messed up should be fixed, and not out of my pocket or the sellers.

·
Banned
318 Posts
I paid 220 expecting a pair of perfect working order subs. I got a pair of trashed motors and baskets. Even with the 150 I got from him, that covers only 1 of the recones. I'm looking for UPS to cover the other recone since they dropped a god damn gallon of paint on the other one.

If I just take the 150, that means instead of spending the original 210 I expected for a pair of subs, I'm paying 360 to get where I was SUPPOSED to be in the first place.

Regardless of the amount he gave me back to fix the one, the OTHER one that UPS messed up should be fixed, and not out of my pocket or the sellers.

They will pay the seller for,it's up to him to make it right with you,but you already accepted the partial payment,didn't you know ups drop something on it,when you accepted the partial refund?I would have waited,now it looks as if you said it's alright I'll just take 150.00 and it's cool.Your only out of 60.00 bucks for the two motors,I know it sucks,but it is what it is.

·
Administrator
31,258 Posts
Well.. it's gunna get worse if you let it leave your posession.

Just explain it to the person apraising/assesing the damage and do not let them get it in their posession. Drive 20miles to the UPS inspector if you have to but don't let them take what you paid for and can't replace easily.

So...
Let them return it to seller?

NO WAY IN HELL

·
Administrator
31,258 Posts
Incase you are wondering why I keep saying not to let them have it, it's because they will, are and already have told you that it is not yours, They are going to return it to the seller because he is the owner, and you are just the guy they will not be handing it over to after they get it in UPS Custody.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts