Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i drive a 98 jeep Cherokee i was wondering is my voltage controlled by the pcm? a buddy of mine named don just got one from you last week for his 2001--20002 jeep grand Cherokee and i know his car is controlled by the pcm but we dont know if mine is or not...thanks a ton...also do you sel that boost mod for the voltage for my year and make? and can i get a quote for a 250amp alt for my jeep. thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yes, it is regulated at the pcm, not at/in the alternator itself. To use the ext regulator you will just bypass the factory plug that goes to the alt. You will no longer use it once your ext reg is installed.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You will not use it at all. You will just give the ext reg ground, ignition and a field wire which will go to the alt itself.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
If you buy one of our high output large case conversion units, it comes with our AVBM which bypasses the stock external regulator and allows you to set charging voltage to whatever you want. Our complete bolt in 270 amp kit is $549, and comes with everything you need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts