Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if anyone knew if the brutus series can run .5 ohm stable on a daily setup? I know it says 1ohm stable, was just wondering if it was .5. Any help would be appriciated, thanks in advance.

·
Plays With Fire
10,067 Posts
pretty sure its a negitive on the .5.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i figured on a burp it wouldnt be a problem, but being im not going to be burping it itd be pointless on that aspect. guess ill have to look at another amp then for this new/updated build. any suggestions for a .5 stable thats between 1500 and 2k rms?

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Not that I have done it but I have seen it done and nothing happens to the amp. So yes I have seen them run at .5 ohm daily.Friend of mines by the way he had it for a couple of months and it still works good

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The newer brz amplifiers should have no problem with it. My brz 2100.1 has been clamped almost 1900 watts starting at a Ohm load of 1.5 . Built stout.

The older ones I don't feel.so confident on tho.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is a newer one, i dont want the older ones, i like hifonics, but their older stuff is good just not built right. thats just my opinion of the older stuff. so its gonna be a 2010 model or a 2011 if they put them out yet

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aight. well thanks for the info. basically its a toss up, and i read on another forum that there power hungry too. so ill have to keep that in mind, im considering getting a 2010d, which is why im asking

·
6,645 Posts
.5 ohm no. power hungry yes. if you plan on having a 2010 electrical upgrades should go as follows : Big 3 done in 1/0. Kinetic 3400or equivalent battery in the back. two runs of positive 1/0 from the front battery to the front and two runs of 1/0 from the negative post on the back battery to the front. should not have any issues. IF you want to have room for upgrade and H.O. alt from DC power, Mechman, powerbastards etc. and two to three batts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts