Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
with two D1s you'd be at .25 or 1ohm.

If you simply took all the positives and ran them to the amp and all the negatives and ran them to the amp( to their respective terminal of course) then it would be .25ohm
This is called wiring in parallel.

If you took a positive and connected it to a negative from the opposite set of terminals on EACH sub and then took the set of wires you had left and ran them to their respective terminals on the amp then you'd be at 1ohm.
This is called wiring in Series/Parallel.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Recone them to d2s. Otherwise you have .25 or 1 ohm

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with two D1s you'd be at .25 or 1ohm.

If you simply took all the positives and ran them to the amp and all the negatives and ran them to the amp( to their respective terminal of course) then it would be .25ohm
ok thanks is it safe 2 run the amp and the subs that low

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
just run them at 1 ohm, will be plenty power

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
ok thanks who can do a recone on the subs plus they are brand new never been played
See if you can ship them back for a pair of d2s. You might have to pay shipping or something but it beats paying someone to recone a perfectly good sub that you would have to ship them anyway.

I wouldn't recommend any amp at .25 ohms daily. Which brings me to the question of is your electrical even stout enough for .5 with your current amp?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I wouldn't recommend any amp at .25 ohms daily. Which brings me to the question of is your electrical even stout enough for .5 with your current amp?

if he is asking then no :lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I also agree with the run them at 1 ohm comment.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
See if you can ship them back for a pair of d2s. You might have to pay shipping or something but it beats paying someone to recone a perfectly good sub that you would have to ship them anyway.

ok i think aq is not offering d2 4 the aluminum coils right now thats what mike said well have have 6 80ah in the back and a 60ah in the front and a dc power 270xp is that cool

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
for .5 ohm, it should be enought...

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
What racer said.

Well your options are run it at 1 ohm which is a good option since that's still a good deal of power. Or recone them with another companies recone kit that fits and are d2s.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
depends on everything, maybe 4k, id run it a 1ohm because its less current draw than .5 and the amp will last alot longer at 1 ohm over .5

kyle

1 - 20 of 33 Posts