Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
6,645 Posts
im sorry? what exactly do you want to do to the amp? it produces a great amount of power at 1ohm anyways....

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when is to much power in car audio a problem lol just seeing what are my option are thanks:thumbsup:

·
Hook me up with dat JL
6,190 Posts
By selling and buying a new amp :fyi:

Even if you upped the power supply, rebuilt the out puts and driver card and ALL the other components you wouldnt gain much. the amp was designed to make the power it does at that impedance.

Only "popular" mods is to remove the impedance protection on Ma HK4000/Visonik V4000XD.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
why mod a new amp like that? If you want more power buy a bigger amp

·
Banned
2,030 Posts
Well, you could raise the over voltage protection circuit to allow the use of higher voltages on the input, the transformer could be rewound to produce higher rail voltages, rectifier diodes could be swapped to FRED style diodes, cap's could be upgraded, op-amp's can be upgraded, potentiometers can be upgraded, the switching devices in the power supply could be upgraded to higher voltage/current devices in some cases, output's can be matched, gate resistors can be 1% tolerance WW dales. The potential list goes on, but the issue I see, is your getting into potentially hundreds of dollars in "upgrades" and the increased output might be just a few % over rated.

The only amp I ever cared enough about to upgrade, has never seen it's potential, it's a hifonics titan TXi750, rated @ 750w @ 1 ohm into 14.2v

Stock we have clamped it producing 800+rms into a 1ohm load cell and 1khz sine wave, testing on a hcca 12.2 wired down to 1ohm, was lackluster @ 760wrms give or take 2%.

I rebuilt the power supply with rewound transformers, re-optimized switching frequency (about 70khz) hand wound chokes, all the rail tracing's and output feed's were reinforced with 14awg solid copper wire, and silver bearing solder, driver circuit got heat sink's on all it's driver fets, rectifier's upgraded to FRED's, irfp3205's in the power supply, rail voltage raised to 125vct, output's matched and re biased to about 7mv DC, removed the stock fuse holders, and soldered in copper bar stock (this can help a ton with fuse ESR when dealing with a amp that has 3+ fuse holders).

The net of this project gained me about 400 more watt's, so iv taken 750 and made 1150, in the process spending about $200 in new parts, for $200 more I could have bought 2000+wrms.

Moral of the story is, amp mods are not cost effective. and on amp's with 4 or more power transformer's, your custom wound tranfo's are likely to be $150 per transformer.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just was asking 2 me all amps are the same they use the same boards and probably built in the same house lol i go with aq cuz i luv the costumer service there and i have done the best i can do with the room that i have 5 big batts plus 1 in the front and a dc power 270xp and all 0gauge

·
Hook me up with dat JL
6,190 Posts
just was asking 2 me all amps are the same they use the same boards and probably built in the same house lol i go with aq cuz i luv the costumer service there and i have done the best i can do with the room that i have 5 big batts plus 1 in the front and a dc power 270xp and all 0gauge
You couldnt be more wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quoted for truth...
hey 2 me i have done tried everything from a 12v system to a 18v system with different amps and subs and batts most of the good ones perform the same when u give it what it needs thats my 2cents i don't get hype just like we all like the jl w7 and the 1000/1 and look where we at now

·
Hook me up with dat JL
6,190 Posts
Its very hard to understand your posts.

If you want to mod amps but don't understand board differences how successful do you think you will be? According to that logic,just because two subs look the same they are the same right?

·
Banned
368 Posts
hey 2 me i have done tried everything from a 12v system to a 18v system with different amps and subs and batts most of the good ones perform the same when u give it what it needs thats my 2cents i don't get hype just like we all like the jl w7 and the 1000/1 and look where we at now
Umm...I don't lile jl.:dontknow: just lost ftw!

·
Registered
291 Posts

Wow. Just, wow.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its very hard to understand your posts.

If you want to mod amps but don't understand board differences how successful do you think you will be? According to that logic,just because two subs look the same they are the same right?
we are talking about amps its has been proven that most of the good amps use the same boards u open a aq 3500.1 and a sundown 3500 its pretty much the same with just a few things that are diff that really don't make a diff in power u use what u use and i do what i do im not knocking u in what u do we all like different shit but at the end of the day they all copy cat each other and u know it so usually u pay 4 the name thats it

what is the diff in aq and dd they are really the same company

·
Banned
368 Posts
we are talking about amps its has been proven that most of the good amps use the same boards u open a aq 3500.1 and a sundown 3500 its pretty much the same with just a few things that are diff that really don't make a diff in power u use what u use and i do what i do im not knocking u in what u do we all like different shit but at the end of the day they all copy cat each other and u know it so usually u pay 4 the name thats it

what is the diff in aq and dd they are really the same company
I call bs!::)

1 - 20 of 90 Posts