1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tweets: Seas Prestige 22TAF/G
MidRange: Dayton Reference RS-100-4
MidBass: Peerless SLS 6.5" woofers

NOt sure of amp, but how does that sound if i could get it used for about $150? Looking for a clean/loud front stage to compliment the substage in my truck

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have heard nothing but good things about seas products so the tweets should rock.

Can you fit an 8" for your mid bass?
probably not, stock is 6.5 with a tweet a few inches above it. this set up is being sold on CL for $150, would it be a good buy at that price or should i offer $120 and see what the guy says?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Do you have the ability to run 3 way active? If so I would say thats a great setup to start with however if you can't run 3 way active I would pass on it

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like a good set up if you run it active. Do you have a plan on how to run a 3-way front stage?
Do you have the ability to run 3 way active? If so I would say thats a great setup to start with however if you can't run 3 way active I would pass on it
well, i was planning on running midbass/midrange off a 100x 4 amp, then wire up the tweets to my head unit, but doesnt that mean i would have to get an eq, if i wanted to set which freqs the front stage gets?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
You'll probably want some time alignment to help with the different lengths each speakers sounds will have to travel. But I would think that as long as you can set xover points on amp you'll be fine.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
If it were me and I wanted to keep this "budget friendly" I would run the mid bass off of one set of channels and the midrange/tweets passive off the other set. I would also look for a used 7200MKII or 800/880prs or something like that. Those HU's do everything you'd need including time alignment for a very decent price.

·
http://www.betherave.com
2,125 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so if i had a 3 way passive cross, and was rated for 4 ohms, what kinda amp would i need? like 150x2 @ 4 ohm or what?

·
http://www.betherave.com
2,125 Posts
so if i had a 3 way passive cross, and was rated for 4 ohms, what kinda amp would i need? like 150x2 @ 4 ohm or what?
I'm not sure on the power handling of the woofers and I'm too lazy to look but if you are going to go with a 2 way amp I would shoot for 300x2 @ 4 ohms. Make sure it's a full-range amplifier because a lot of 2 channels are built to run subwoofers.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not sure on the power handling of the woofers and I'm too lazy to look but if you are going to go with a 2 way amp I would shoot for 300x2 @ 4 ohms. Make sure it's a full-range amplifier because a lot of 2 channels are built to run subwoofers.
ahh alright, so look for full range power at 2 channels, subs are rated at like 50 watts iirc.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you'd be 4-way active with that set up since you also have a substage....
ahh i see, well i cant seem to find any cheap 3 way crossovers :(
I'm looking at spending like $250 total on the front stage, and this set i found, the guy said he'll do $150, and looking at $100 on an amp, so i'm already over. but anyways

Could i just get 2 way crossovers, run midrange/tweeter through the crossover, then connect midbass directly to 4 channel amp??

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You mean kinda like I said to do in the first place :dontknow:
dang, yeah..

i talked to the guy and he said the tweets sounded good crossed over at 4K Hz, i found some CDT crossovers that do 4300 Hz, thinking of going with them

1 - 19 of 19 Posts