Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I got an EQ for christmas and went to install it today and I'm not getting any sound of it at all. I got it wired in right and the knobs light up like they're supposed to but when I plug all my rca's in nothing's happening. I've tried the aux input on it and 3 different RCA's out of my HU. I know my outgoing RCA's to the amps are still good cause I just hooked it back up like normal and I got full power to all speakers. It just won't go through the equalizer it seems. It's a brand new Clarion EQ and I hope it's not messed up. Is it possible my amps can't accept the higher preout voltage that the EQ is putting out? That's my only uneducated guess. So let me know what you what you think.

D

·
0 Posts
Your amps should take whatever you throw at it. If you triple checked everything then the eq is bad. But my guess is something is wired wrong.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do run the main RCA in from the front output of my HU right and then the rest out of the EQ? I tried an MP3 player in the aux input too and got nothing

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, it's got an aux input and I used an adapter rca cable to hook it up and still got nothing.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is a only a gain on the aux input and I adjusted as it was playing and got nothing. But for the main input there's only the main control knobs which I exercised fully and got no sound. I think I'm gonna try one more time and if that don't work I'll give it back to my buddy so he can return it for me. This SUCKS!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts