Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I live by the old adage, if it sounds too good to be true.....

I ran across this amp and thought it seems like a pretty good deal. I presently have two 10" P3's and need something to work them.

I'd be running the amp at 1 ohm. Would it hold up?

Thanks for any and all input.

AJ

P.S. Click on the picture to go to the site.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I'd get something else. That amp is OK is what some say and it should do rated as a few people have used it before but you can get an Audiopipe 1500d for a lot cheaper and more power.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I'd get something else. That amp is OK is what some say and it should do rated as a few people have used it before but you can get an Audiopipe 1500d for a lot cheaper and more power.
That TXA1000D will do rated power and much cleaner than the AP and Cadence has top notch customer service. I wouldnt touch an AP with a 20ft pole, nothing but dirty clipped power.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
That TXA1000D will do rated power and much cleaner than the AP and Cadence has top notch customer service. I wouldnt touch an AP with a 20ft pole, nothing but dirty clipped power.
WHAT? I've never used an AP amp but lots of people swear by them. I'd actually want to see claims of this dirty power.

·
Registered
271 Posts
WHAT? I've never used an AP amp but lots of people swear by them. I'd actually want to see claims of this dirty power.
You wanna know why ppl swear by them? Because they have never had a good amp in their life before.

Im with whitedragon551, Id never touch one of them even if someone gave it to me...(well you know what i mean,lol)

[email protected] The OP...Get the Cadence if the price is right(like $198), ether that or if you can bring your budget up a lil bit, get a AQ1200d or buy a used Sundown SAE-1200Dv2 (or a 1000d)

EDIT: Or you could hit up Rival904 and get his AB 100.1 American Bass 100.1 - Car Audio Classifieds

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Not a big fan of Audiopipe. I've heard their subs and wasn't impressed.

I have Cadence home audio satelites, center, and 8" sub and I'm happy with those, but that doesn't mean they're good in car audio.

The P3's I have are dual 4 ohm, and I have one OS RF Punch 200ix DSM running them. They're only getting ~200-250 watts each. I have another OS RF Punch 200ix DSM, but wiring it to the subs (one amp running each sub) would still leave me at ~200-250 watts each sub, since I'd have to run the subs in stereo to each voice coil. Those amps aren't 2 ohm stable. I've heard I could get away with it, but I've had one of these amps for ~10 yrs and don't want to chance it. I'd rather have the reliability.

So, it's either I get another amp (800-1,000 watts) or new subs; SVC 4 ohm or DVC 2 ohm.

The subs I was thinking of are JBL P1022's
2) NEW JBL P1022 10" Car StereoSubwoofers - 2400w Pair! - eBay (item 290525048113 end time Feb-18-11 19:05:51 PST)

The 2 yr warranty on this Cadence amp looks very attractive. The price is doable.

BTW, here are the specs on the JBL subs. My box is tuned at 40 Hz. But another box could be built. That's no problem for me.
http://www.jbl.com/resources/Brands/jbl/Products/ProductRelatedDo***ents/en-US/BoxesandParameters/P1022rev3_27_06.pdf

·
Registered
443 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Look at the price tag. There is no way AP crammed good caps, resistors, toroids, etc. into a $150 amp that does [email protected] ohm. Its just not logical. You get what you pay for.
wanna bet look up the "clamped power rating thread... my 1500d did OVER rated power..
and show me where audiopipe puts out dirty power??..
i use audiopipe amps and ive never had issues OR such thing as "dirty" power"..every single amp ive had has works flawlessly..and does rated power

I WOULDNT TOUCH CADENCE WITH A 10 FT POLE

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
wanna bet look up the "clamped power rating thread... my 1500d did OVER rated power..
and show me where audiopipe puts out dirty power??..
i use audiopipe amps and ive never had issues OR such thing as "dirty" power"..every single amp ive had has works flawlessly..and does rated power

I WOULDNT TOUCH CADENCE WITH A 10 FT POLE
Lulz. Hifonics 1610D's also do rated power and they start clipping at 800wrms. Did you do your bench test with a dummy load or did you have an O Scope on it when you did it or did you just go balls out trying to get what the ratings said it would do? You can either take my word for it or you can nut hug.

Heres a some nice info from a respected member at eCoustics:

You personally will never see 1500 watts from any amplifier rated for a peak output of 1500 watts RMS.

That rating is measured with a resistive dummy load, using a test tone of white noise from 20Hz-20KHz at full 0db reference signal strength.

You'll be at a fraction of that using a dynamic input source, with a reactive load attached to the amplifier, with the volume knob on your stereo below 100%, and with most likely, an inadequate charging system to support 150+ amperes of current draw.

In short, no amplifier that cheap is going to produce a clean 1500 watts RMS. If you want a cheap amplifier, then just buy it and stop worrying about it. You get what you pay for. You'd be better off asking us what the best amplifier you can buy would be, for a fixed amount of money, or asking how much the cheapest good amp is, with XXXX amount of power. Never set a price, AND a power spec and ask for suggestions. It usually doesn't work that way on that tight of a budget.

This is similar to the old adage about cars. You can have any two of the following three:
1. Fast
2. Reliable
3. Cheap

Pick two.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Lulz. Hifonics 1610D's also do rated power and they start clipping at 800wrms. You can either take my word for it or you can nut hug.
ill nut hug all day long.. my best friend is a authorized audiopipe dealer..
ive tested every amp they have and every sub..
thats why i run 2 audiopipe mini 1000d strapped and im getting over 1700 rms clean at gains less than 1/2 power..oscoped out

talk ish somewhere else

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
ill nut hug all day long.. my best friend is a authorized audiopipe dealer..
ive tested every amp they have and every sub..
thats why i run 2 audiopipe mini 1000d strapped and im getting over 1700 rms clean at gains less than 1/2 power..oscoped out

talk ish somewhere else
Lulz. So you think your $100 amps are doing 1000wrms at 1 ohm a piece and clean power at that? This gets better. What are they strapped at?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Lulz. So you think your $100 amps are doing 1000wrms at 1 ohm a piece and clean power at that? This gets better. What are they strapped at?
with a 220 amp alt and 15 volts yes they are and strapped at .7 ohm each

i simply dont know why people hate on audiopipe.. i have yet to see a audiopipe product that didnt perform.. and ive own lots of stuff in 11 yrs now..
if u care that much ill take my amps out and get something from storage..
and run something of "better quality" lol..

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
with a 220 amp alt and 15 volts yes they are and strapped at .7 ohm each

i simply dont know why people hate on audiopipe.. i have yet to see a audiopipe product that didnt perform.. and ive own lots of stuff in 11 yrs now..
if u care that much ill take my amps out and get something from storage..
and run something of "better quality" lol..
So your running less than 1 ohm where they are rated to do 1000wrms yet your only getting 1700wrms. Seem over rated to me.

Also here are bench tests of the AP18001D and the AP15001D that Jacob did himself. In his test he stated THD wasnt a factor, he did the tests with gains wide open.

* Output Voltage Test

1730 watts
59 V
29.3 A (calculated)
2.01 ohms (calculated)
12.68v power supply

-----

12x Power Supply Fets
10x Output FETs (AP1500 has 8)

The two caps = a little more capacity than the four in the AP1500D. These are 4700 each and the AP1500D has 4x 2200.

* Output Voltage Test

1440 watts
57.1 V
25.21 A (calculated)
2.2 ohms (calculated)
13.1v power supply

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
at 12 and 13 volts.. my car never goes below 14.5 big difference there,,,

look up ALL the audiopipe 3000d clamp tests EVERY single 1 of them did rated power..
look up the thread also ive done many clamp tests and have proof there buddy..

now im done bickering with you,.. if u want real proof come 2 my place and ill show u 1st hand...u dont know what ur talking about

to the O.P.. go ahead and get the cadence if that floats ur boat

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Lulz again. Plenty of companies have higher end models that do rated power while their lower end models do not. What makes you think AP is any different?

When you get a chance Erisal Id like to see your amps bench test and the O Scope.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
i was a electrican for 5 plus yrs..(till work ran out) i have the proper equipment all fluke brand etc..

u wanna buy me a camera tho so i can prove u wrong...

if u do pm me and u can send a camera my way..

otherwise om done wasting my time

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Since this thread turned into an AP war, it doesn't have to be AP. Buy a Soundstream Rubicon or DTR series instead. For $200, I wouldn't blow it on Cadence is all I'm sayin.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts