Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the years I was an installer at the big box stores, none of them ever carried 8" woofers, and as you can imagine, few customers ever even asked for them. Only towards the end of last summer was I able to get a taste of the Kicker L7 on 300ish watts. Even on 300 watts in a trunk, I was sold on the sound from the woofer.

I mainly have decided to run 8" woofers in my 300zx because of space limitations. This year i actually want to be able to take the T-Tops off and not have to worry about stacking them unstrapped in the hatch lol:D.
I haven't decided if I am going to go with zenclosures for the time savings, or make them myself, but the setup will basically look like the pic below. Most likely I will be using the extra Orion XTR15001 I have laying around so power shouldn't be an issue as most of the 8s I have seen are 450-500RMS on the high side.

Reccomendations on 8" woofers in the 250-300+ RMS range? I have a feeling anything less won't satisfy my bass needs :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Sa-8's are my favorite 8" subs You shouldn't be disappointed in there performance try sound great potted but I've never heard them sealed

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I'm going only 2 8's myself with a DD M1b amp should do 1500 rms at 14 volts. I ordered a pair of DD 1508's and will be ordering a pair of Sundown SA-8's for comparison to my preference. I have heard a single DD 1508 in a ported box tuned to 36hz on a Jl audio 1000/1 and that thing sounded amazing!! Definety hit louder and lower then a jl 10w6v2 in HO box in the same vehicle. Unless you are willing to go ported, I pretty much would check out the SA-8's. They are very inexpensive as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty open in terms of budget, but not looking to break the bank. Need new tires and a electronic boost controller this season :).

·
Registered
456 Posts
i have the dd 1508s but the sa8s are pretty bad and the rex8 can be had for like 70 buck a driver i have kinda wanted to play around with those

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
sundonw e8 v2's or dc lvl 2 8's would be nice

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
ID8D2V3's in .7 cubes ported a piece at 34Hz and you should have plenty of space, plenty of bass, and sound amazing while doing it. You can get a new pair for $200. They are rated for 150-250wrms, but I had mine on about 350wrms for close to 6 months and they took every bit of it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would rather do a ported box, but figured it would be a challenge due to the space/shape of the box in the pic above. Maybe a sideways firing sub with a port can be done if the box specs are small enough where I can keep the general shape.

Thanks for the suggestions so far! I had seen the REX8 before and COMPLETELY forgot about Sundown Audio SA-8 lol. I'll check out the dd 1508, DC lvl2, and ID8D2V3.

Anyone use the T3 T.200-8?

·
Registered
258 Posts
sa-8's FTW

·
Premium Member
3,158 Posts
iD 8v3 or SA8 would be my picks. The SA8 is proven performer and the iD 8v3 Ive see a single one do mid 140s

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts

·
6,645 Posts
No one has mentioned The Sundown E8 or TrueBass 8" yet.
imho the best drivers for the power op is going to run. the sa-8 will want more power.

the ID would have my vote thou:thumbsup:
have you thought of these:

they are the lanzar MAX 8's. for the price they can not be beat. $60 a pair and free shipping from sonic-electronix ebay store. I will be running for for a little while.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
My vote would be IDQ, hands down.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
the re rex's can be had for 45 bucks shipped on ebay all day and like 75 for a pair shipped i was gonna use them but went with 1 sa-8 cuz of rules and space but there are alot of good 1's if you want the best i say go with dd 1508 or sundown sa-8's if you are on a budget you can get e8's for like 50 shipped too or the rex's or idq's!! good luck man!!!

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
if space is the issue too id say the id's

1 - 20 of 26 Posts