Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since this amp is a two channel then it is technically a clas a/b amp correct? therefore this means it would draw more current when compared to a class d amp of the same wattage?

what would be needed to feed this amp? i have seen some go for pretty good prices. i only have a 240 amp alt on my car, do you think that would suffice with an additional battery or two?

·
http://www.betherave.com
2,125 Posts
2 channels doesn't make it A/B it makes it a 2 channel amp. A B D are just classes of amps.

Class d is much more efficient.

Do the big 3 and get one big extra battery.

Before you do any of that though your gonna need subs that can handle 4 kw . Because if you are only realistically putting out 2 kw you really aren't going to need the extra battery unless you are going to be doing a lot of bumping with the engine turned off.

·
Mr. Low End Monster
3,512 Posts
since this amp is a two channel then it is technically a clas a/b amp correct? therefore this means it would draw more current when compared to a class d amp of the same wattage?

what would be needed to feed this amp? i have seen some go for pretty good prices. i only have a 240 amp alt on my car, do you think that would suffice with an additional battery or two?
ive used MA before.

1.) your going to need a shit ton of electrical to run it. Those amps are current hogs.
2.) those amps are also rated @ 17V, so even if u had 0 voltage drop and very very minimal impedance rise, you still wouldn't get anywhere near the amps power ratings.

3.) overall you still cant be the amp for the price. if this is going to be for a daily system, then you can't go wrong. Just build the proper electrical for the amp and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
ive used MA before.

1.) your going to need a shit ton of electrical to run it. Those amps are current hogs.
2.) those amps are also rated @ 17V, so even if u had 0 voltage drop and very very minimal impedance rise, you still wouldn't get anywhere near the amps power ratings.

3.) overall you still cant be the amp for the price. if this is going to be for a daily system, then you can't go wrong. Just build the proper electrical for the amp and you should be good to go.
what ya think would be better. The ma amp or and audiopipe 3000?

·
Mr. Low End Monster
3,512 Posts
12v the Ap hands down.16V then its another story.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
i had the 602sx it draws 240 amps of current i have a 220 amp alt and 2 100ah batteries in the back.. and i was sturuggling to feed it...
class ab amp that is very hungry for juice..

simply a stock alt a 1 extra battery is NOT going to cut it

·
Mr. Low End Monster
3,512 Posts
i had the 602sx it draws 240 amps of current i have a 220 amp alt and 2 100ah batteries in the back.. and i was sturuggling to feed it...
class ab amp that is very hungry for juice..

simply a stock alt a 1 extra battery is NOT going to cut it
:nod:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts