Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
oak is nice if it is 12 ply. birch is my 1st choice just because it is 8$ less a sheet than oak.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
oak birch and all other hardwood plys are cabinit grade plywood with a vineer them or a very thin strip of the hardwood its looks not strenght you could save money and just use cabinit grade plywood differance is cabinit grade is smooth and flat not warped like cheap plywood but over all i use birch cause i like the look if its getting carpeted then cabinet grade

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
oak birch and all other hardwood plys are cabinit grade plywood with a vineeron them or a very thin strip of the hardwood its looks not strenght you could save money and just use cabinit grade plywood differance is cabinit grade is smooth and flat not warped like cheap plywood
u drunk bro?

Reactions: Shelbs

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
big fingers small keyboard plus i cant spell

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
i need a keyboard with keys like the remotes they sell at dollar tree 1 inch by 1 inch buttons

·
Errday I'm Hustlin'
1,785 Posts
I'd go with birch as well just because I imagine its lighter. I've used all 3 types of wood mentioned for boxes and between the two plywoods I could not tell a difference in strength between them. Both are stronger than MDF for sure. Birch has a little smoother face than the oak too.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
plus water does not make birch swell up and you dont have to pre drill

·
Banned
137 Posts
I just finished a new box in Oak ply. I have made many in Birch ply.

Oak is the same price, and ply as the birch here. IMO the Oak is a little nicer looking but has almost all the same properties.

Here is the oak finished off:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts