Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local guy opened up a business about 2 months ago and shut up shop and now is selling all this merlon equipment. I never heard of it till he started selling it in my town. Is this stuff worth anything?

Merlon Amplifier

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
A local guy opened up a business about 2 months ago and shut up shop and now is selling all this merlon equipment. I never heard of it till he started selling it in my town. Is this stuff worth anything?

Merlon Amplifier
I would use it
Edit:LOL I meant to say would not.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My buddy wanted to know what they were like, i told him i wouldnt mess with it so i figured id ask on here what you all thought

·
Registered
456 Posts
local guy used to sell them about 5 years ago. same guy that started tm rush bass tubes. my friend had 1200 watt powering 2 tubes and was driving down the road and it caught on fire for no reason. the odd part was that i was driving right behind him and my sub's coil went up in smoke at the exact same time

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Just looks like another generic amp to me

·
Banned
3,344 Posts

·
Mr. Low End Monster
3,512 Posts
local guy used to sell them about 5 years ago. same guy that started tm rush bass tubes. my friend had 1200 watt powering 2 tubes and was driving down the road and it caught on fire for no reason. the odd part was that i was driving right behind him and my sub's coil went up in smoke at the exact same time
bass free zone protected by spirits?:dontknow:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I wouldn't really use anything with max watts listed unless it was something that has been tried and clamped. They look like the lower Crunch line too.

·
Registered
456 Posts
bass free zone protected by spirits?:dontknow:
What happened was the guy was working for me at the time and we were leaving the office on Friday. We were still in the commercial park and I cant remember if there was a noise or if I noticed that I wasn’t as loud as I normally was when I smelt smoke so i pulled over and looked in the plexi glass window on my box and one chamber was filled with smoke. my friend had also pulled over when i did i figured he was waiting for me because we were headed to a bar. when he yelled to me his amp was on fire. i cant pretend to even understand enough about electronic to try to explain it but we were coming around the corner to an electronics manufacturer in the commercial park that when i am near there store fm transmitters wont work oem or my prestige keyless remotes its odd.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts