Votes: 11 47.8%
  • I have no intention of competing

Votes: 2 8.7%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may know who I am....if you don't know me lets just pretend you do for the time being. I have been a competitor for a number of years and competed with some of the loudest guys in the world, the only trouble is I've never really got to know anyone.

I'd like to hear from EVERY member here in the Michigan area:
  • Screen name with your REAL name so I can put faces with people (Pm's are fine if you don't want to publicly share it)
  • What part of Michigan are you from
  • Do you compete in any type of stereo competitions, if so do you stay local or do you travel around the area
  • Whats in your ride, post a *few* pic's of your ride if you would rather show it off then tell me about it
  • What do YOU want to see CHANGED at shows/Events( 1x,2x or 3x) that would make them more exciting or enjoyable from both a competitors stand point AND from a spectators point of view

If you have any questions, concerns, comments or feed back I'd love to hear from you, my PM box is always open.

·
Detroit
15 Posts
Rob - Dearborn
Blue 2007 TBSS c-walled

I don't compete, I just like hanging out, drinking some beer, and demo'n. Number one thing I hate is getting to a show and and finding out the host didn't bother to mention "no demos" until people showed up. That really pisses me off. :angry5:

I don't really care if I can play mine or not, but when not a single person can demo how are the new people supposed to get the bug? "Oh look he did some arbitrary number on that screen wonder what that means" If they get in they know what a 155 means real quick ;) I know some of you were around back then, but when I think back to like the 90's there were hundreds and hundreds of people at shows around here with demos everywhere. Now days it's a ghost town.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Kris Laur from way up north in Cheboygan. Dont compete just like to have a loud daily. Still have my explorer but not sure how long since I'm getting rid of it. But 10 Obsidian 15's and 5 of your old American Bass 120.1 amps. Dont really know what I'd change but I agree about the no demo thing being lame.

O and the demo I got of your van at Taylor is still the favorite system I have ever heard!

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Matt Walker, Waterford/Pontiac Area. As of right now I rarely compete but if I do I'm willing to drive within 4hrs or so 1 way to a show. Picked up a Tahoe this past year to compete in. I've been slowing down because of the cost. Work part time/full time student year round. I'd say cheaper shows would be ideal.

Here's the Tahoe

I have a pretty in depth log on here. 4 15s, 8k, No Wall.

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/build-logs/132318-matts-06-tahoe-build.html

Just remembered I came out once to meet a couple of the TSI guys. It was nice meeting you briefly.

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Nate Nordstrom. bay city. i go to a few shows and im not into competing but i love me a LOUD DAILY DRIVER... i'd like more shows in the middle of the state. there all way down south..

02 tahoe on 24's
crossfire 8k
4 CF xs v2 18's in cargo area window line
152db and climbing

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Nick Krell I'm from Clare/Farwell/Mt. Pleasant
I competed once back when I had my Cavalier basically I don't due it very often since I'm more curious to see what my setups do on the meter than actually competing. If I had more access to a TL I probably wouldn't compete at all unless I was doing big numbers.
Currently I'm waiting for my Sundown X 10's to be finished then I will be running two on a BC2k in a sixth order in my trunk.

This is my ride needs some paint touched up but audio comes first.

·
Registered
317 Posts
mike-farmington
1988 chevy caprice
no competing just do it cuz i like it
ride in build mode

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Steve H from Eaton Rapids MI
2001 Escape
13w7's on Memphis Mojo 4k
Idbl.. but don't compete much.. more into demos and daily ground pounding
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Mode of transport

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

·
NOT LOUDER THAN YOU :(
7,335 Posts
Well most of you know me or have heard of me in a good way or bad. Names Eric Smith from the thumb. I can be known as the car audio ******* or jokester whatever you all may take of me. I compete in dbdrag and bassrace many of different classes and cars. As for what would draw me to more shows would be closer shows of course I used to travel 4 hours one way for 1x shows just to meet new people and see new shit but that got old real fast. I like what altimate is doing with the iasca stuff in saginaw and would be pleased to see some dbdrag in the area also (not fond of iasca, to much caos). Demos are awsome but sometimes you just cant please the locals with N***** this and B**** that all day at crazy noise levels.
People always complain about competing prices also but spend $500+ for a sub to destroy their $15000+ car? So prices dont bother me at all.
I say keep up doing what your doing and they will come. What ive seen over the last couple years of doing this is these kids feel if they cant win why compete? So finding some way of incorperating something for them?
I have many build logs so you all can see my cars/builds there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Good to see some people posting, getting word out that competitions are back in Michigan will take some time to spread around still.

With almost 70K views on Facebook for my 1st event with only 8 days of advertising so far, I'm confident we can get new people into the lanes. It takes participation from every one to make events a success. As participation in events increases, things like noise permits become more accessible with out inflating the cost of the show. Even if you don't consider your self a competitor please consider supporting events in your area to help make larger events possible, after all who doesn't love a show with unlimited demo's :party:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Brandon Pieniozek
Bay City, MI
I love to demo but will compete some.
I attend local shows but will also travel around the state for them and even Indy for Slamology or etc.
I don't have anything in my truck right now, gonna finish school and then build a bass vehicle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It ain't dead here in Michigan tim. We are just working between this crazy weather to get our rides done. The monster is still not finished. Was trying for kzoo, now Indy I hope. Not enough time in the days. And for those who don't know me... I'm Jim Carmichael, from down in the SW corner. Been running a crazy heavy ass neon for years in meca, dbdrag,and usaci. Best I managed was a 162 sealed in ss1-2 and like a 163 something with the USACi BS. And now I'm trying to finish something I've been slowly working on for about three years. We will have to see if it all pays off in the lanes....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts