• I have no intention of competing

Votes: 2 8.7%
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Never Satisfied
2,103 Posts
Steve Mathers
Down river area
Don't really get out to shows, 12 hr days and 5 kids makes it a task.
Only metered one of my cars, could care less about competing just love a low end daily driver.
Been workin on the girls car lately

·
Never Satisfied
2,103 Posts
Rob - Dearborn
Blue 2007 TBSS c-walled

I don't compete, I just like hanging out, drinking some beer, and demo'n. Number one thing I hate is getting to a show and and finding out the host didn't bother to mention "no demos" until people showed up. That really pisses me off. :angry5:

I don't really care if I can play mine or not, but when not a single person can demo how are the new people supposed to get the bug? "Oh look he did some arbitrary number on that screen wonder what that means" If they get in they know what a 155 means real quick ;) I know some of you were around back then, but when I think back to like the 90's there were hundreds and hundreds of people at shows around here with demos everywhere. Now days it's a ghost town.
Still one of the cleanest installs I've seen
Good work

·
Registered
16 Posts
Chris Laub
Trenton (downriver)
iv never competed before in my life but have been to a few shows. I just always enjoyed having a loud daily. i am curious what my truck hits on a DM so maby ill see some of you guys at some shows before the wonderful Michigan winter hits.

03 f150 fx4 Ext. basically all Rockford Fosgate besides Subs & Wiring. 2 T1500-1bdcps pushing 1917 & 1921 at 1Ohm. T400-4. T400-2. 2 orion hcca 12.2s. custom box built by car tunes. 2 sets of T2 comps and 1 set of T3 comps in the kicks. 3.sixty.2 processor. 250amp DC alt. 4 Runs of KNU. 2 XS D3400s. Toolmaker Fusing, distro, battery terminals. Kenwood DNN990HD

·
Registered
13,630 Posts
Jacob Morris
99 suburban
18 dc lvl4 m2 12s
3 dc 9ks
4 singer 350 amp alts
28 XS power xp1000s
4th order 3:1 ratio

Pete you were a tool to me in the past because of reason unknown.
You've talked to me for a while at Taylor then you were a **** on here.
I will never compete in any of your shows.
That is all.

·
CACO Late Nite Tip
472 Posts
Joe here, metro detroit/dearborn area. 04 grand cherokee tantric hdd 15 aq2200. [email protected] Ive competed once so far lol failed pretty bad but who cares. Need more powa. Id like to see informal meet ups with audio guys as well as more actual shows as petes said, it looks like next years gonna be fun :D. Im down for demoing if anyones closeby hmu or whatever man lets get something going in the winter so were not bored lol.

·
Registered
639 Posts
John Bennett
Charlotte,MI (right outside of Lansing)
I don't compete anymore but use to do A LOT of db drag in SS 1-2 back in 2000-2001 ( was the michigan points champ in 2000)

Currently driving a 2008 Chevy Impala with a 225 Amp Power Bastard alt,2 c/d 55 amp hour bats, 2/0 pure copper welding cable for the main power and ground runs, big 3 done, American Bass PH-4100 for highs, Massive components up front, SQ-2200D on lows , and whatever sub I have sitting in the trunk at the moment(this gets changed all the time). As I write this I am running an os Eclipse 88120 DVC in 1.75 cubes ported tuned to 35hz . Looking to do something louder for daily bumping when it warms up again.

Would love to compete again but the wife,kids,and 50 hour work weeks makes it hard to get anything together let alone get out to a show. I am more focused on getting some good daily bass going. Would love to get to a show and some informal meets just to shoot the shit with audio guys again. All my buds used to be into it but its like I am the only guy I know that really speaks my language around here LOL (with the exception of Raptor. Have met up with him on a few occasions)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow you guys are killing me,Arnold from Eastpoint,Mi.Have a 98 B5 Passat,single alpine type e s4 in a 5.0 cuft 27hz tuned slot port on a soundstream usa 180 bridged,150 dollar system.It surprizes me every time I turn it up!

·
Banned
240 Posts
monroe michigan

Kolton Tackett
05 explorer
2 zcon 18s 14.6 cube
1 sundown 3k with TM dual ins
tuned at 29hz
4 optima blue tops
Oversized 1/0 cca 2 leads
COMMIN NEXT MONTH