Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:thumbsup:

System Rundown:

Processing - CDA-9887 3-way Active & ID CTX Passive Crossovers
Tweeters - Crescendo CTS-1
Mid-Range - CDT CL 4"
Mid-Bass - ID OEM 6.5"
Sub-Woofers - Sundown Z V.2's

Alpine 9887 HPF -> Kicker KX250.2 -> ID CTX Passive Crossover -> Crescendo CTS-1 + CDT CL 4" Mids
Alpine 9887 BPF -> Kicker KX450.2 -> ID OEM 6.5's
Alpine 9887 LPF -> Kicker KX2500.1 -> Sub Duty

Electrical will be wired with Knu/Welding Supply/Shok wire and distros.

Heres a few recent pictures of the vehicle.

Test fit the wheels and tires, but need to overhaul the front suspension and do some more trimming to be road worthy.

edit- more recent pics...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Just received some poly bushings from summit for the front end. I want to get the front end work done this weekend, that includes: control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, ball joints and wheel bearings.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Truck Looks Good!! I see your Still in Love with those Kickers HUH???

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Truck Looks Good!! I see your Still in Love with those Kickers HUH???
Thanks man, Kicker ftw!

Where in MI are you located man?
30min west of the pontiac/waterford area

Well I started working on the front end today. What a pain in the ass, but its getting there!

Lower ball joint was a pain at first. I started by cutting an x in the head of each rivet and then air hammering them off. Then I tried using the air hammer to drive them out, but that didnt work. Tried prying the ball joint from the bottom, no go. Then eventually stuck a socket in the hole for the grease fitting and went to town with a massive sledge hammer, problem solved. BFH FTW

New hub and poly sway bar link.

Upper control arms were a breeze....aside from the bushings, those sucked! Luckily the air hammer saved me there. The good news is that the lower control arm bushings look fine, so Im going to leave them. That also means that I can return my poly control arm bushing kit and just grab a set of factory replacement upper bushings.

Pile O' Tools

·
Registered
410 Posts
Looks awesome man! :thumbsup:

I wanna get some cragar soft 8s sometime. I also just got a Kinetic 2400 batt with like 50ft of knukonceptz kolossus flex 1/0.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

I love the cragar's, especially for the price.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yea, baskets showed up today. Here's one paired with one of the SX motors.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how was the wheel bearings? I need to do all that to my s10 4x4
It really wasn't all that bad. Just break the top ball joint bolt loose and smack the spindle with a hammer in the ball joint area. Pop the tie rod out, stick a jack under the lower control arm to relieve the spring pressure, then I had to use a pickle fork to get the top ball joint completely out. At that point its a matter of yanking out the cv axle and taking off the three bolts for the hub assembly.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Super tired today, wish I could have gotten some more rest. About to grab some breakfast and the upper control arm bushings and then Im going to get back at it. Updates as they come :nod:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ended up having to run all over the place to find the bushings I needed, then it was a pain in the ass to get the new ones in. Figured out a trick tho so hopefully the passenger side will go smoother. Trying to get an early start tomorrow to finish it up.

·
NOT LOUDER THAN YOU :(
7,335 Posts
how was the wheel bearings? I need to do all that to my s10 4x4
umm im pretty positive we did this work to the truck before it was sold to you!:thumbsup:
Mikey this build shall be sick!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^Thanks! It will definitely be a relief to get all the wrenching out of the way and start fabricating.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Are you doing dual midbass with those oems? That's awesome if so. I'm doing dual id xs in my car

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
still have the xxx?
Nope its went through a few different sets of hands locally, Im pretty sure its just sitting in the closet at the guys house that had it last.

Are you doing dual midbass with those oems? That's awesome if so. I'm doing dual id xs in my car
For now Im just going to put one in each door, but once the weather turns around I would like to glass the front doors for a pair on each side.

1 - 20 of 232 Posts