Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Ad ministrator
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How would I go about mounting my amp? It's in my trunk with my subs (2 10") at the moment.

I had my amp on top of the subs just for now but my subs vibrated so bad it threw the amp off the top lol. Should I mount the amp to the top of the subs? If I do that's quite a bit of vibration going to the amp.

Should I just set the amp on the floor?

Which ever you decide is best please provide me with instructions on how to do it.

Thanks.

EDIT:
I have a 1997 Buick Park Avenue

Kicker zx650 amp and 2 10" Pioneer Subs.

·
Ad ministrator
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 1997 Buick Park Avenue

Kicker zx650 amp and 2 10" Pioneer Subs.

·
Registered
943 Posts
First off, if your subs threw off your amp that was mounted on the box, you need to get a better box. If a box is soft enough to throw off an amp, it is not very thick. Second off, who's idea was it to mount your amp on the box? All that vibration will cause too much damage to your amp, even if you had a stronger box. I would mount the amp in the cab or on a firewall in the trunk.

·
Ad ministrator
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So please explain how to mount it in the trunk please. I'm a complete noob at this.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
just mount it under the front seat.
1:take seat out
2:mount amp where you want it
3:rewire said amp
4:mount amp using short self tapping sheet metal screws (careful not to damage anything under car)
5:replace seat
6:get a new box
7:enjoy music
8:rep me LOL

·
Ad ministrator
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will rep you if you answer my question lol.

Where is the TRUNK is the best way to mount? I already wired it all and that took about 12 hours. It was my first one and had to make some trips to get adapters and shit.

·
Ad ministrator
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't really think it would hold. It is a mighty heavy amp.

·
Ad ministrator
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everyone says to mount it etc.. but where do the screws go at on the amp? ON my spare one there are special spots for the screws, are there designated spots on all amps?

·
Ad ministrator
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

That's the amp.

Kicker zx650

·
3/17/2011 RIP
22,939 Posts
I see 2 holes for mounting in that picture. One is by the power input, and the other is on the bottom left corner.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
on all 4 corners where the holes are through the feet of the amp, put screws there :)

Also if you use half-way decent screws, mounting the amp on the back of your backseat will be NO problem.
Otherwise you can mount it on any other surface that is big enough to put the amp

·
Ad ministrator
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright. I think I will put it on the back of the seat.

Should a hole, then screw it? How big of screws?

EDIT: thanks sound around

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Alright. I think I will put it on the back of the seat.

Should a hole, then screw it? How big of screws?

EDIT: thanks sound around
if its just plastic (the seat back) dont worry about drilling holes,if its metal you will need to drill.use short screws just a little smaller than the holes in the amp.3/4 inch length sheetrock or construction screws should work.

·
Ad ministrator
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alright thanks, will +rep you guys that helped.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
yea those buicks have some thick ass back seats, so you shouldnt have to worry about going through or anything, also i dont think pre drilling will be needed, unless if the screw really doesnt catch when drilling it in.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.