Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOALS i want to acheive:
move one battery to front WITHOUT sacrificing readily available amps.

right now this is my system:
DC power engineering 270 amp alternator
(2) crunch gp3000d-pros strapped together @ 2ohm
(1) stock car battery under the hood 0 gauge line going to C&D in the trunk
(2) C&D technology high rate series batteries located in trunk.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

as you can see, there are two batteries in the back and two 0 gauge wires connect to the positive battery terminal then goes to each amplifier.

my question is if i move one of the batteries to the front of my vehicle, and the battery in the back bears the load of both amplifiers on the positive terminal, that means i will not have as much amps as if both amplifiers were connected to a battery each?

OR assuming i moved one of the C&D batteries to the front will the distance the power has to travel (from the front of the vehicle to the back) be enough to still maintain and support my system under such heavy loads of 6000 watts for daily use and during competitions even higher than 6000 for burps?

basically, what is the best way to get the most power out of my batteries?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
"my question is if i move one of the batteries to the front of my vehicle, and the battery in the back bears the load of both amplifiers on the positive terminal, that means i will not have as much amps as if both amplifiers were connected to a battery each?"

This won't happen (i don't think)....the amps will be drawing power from both batteries still, doesn't matter what battery the amp is connected to. As long as both batteries are connected together.

If you are worried do some extra runs between the batteries once you get them moved

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay cool thanks for your response im about to do some moving in a few days here once the weather is nice, do you think a standard battery tray would support 100 lb battery? lol

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
what's you definition of standard? lol

Might need to beef it up some

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol standard as in stock with my nissan 2007 sentra car. well i dont have a welder or anything how do you suggest i "beef it up?"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts