Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone please critique my box dims and tell me why i'm not so loud.
4-18" Atomic APX's
Hifonics XXV Sampson 8k @ .7ohms

box dims:
<xBoxHeight>23.75"
<xBoxWidth>40.75"
<xBoxDepth>50"
<xPortLength>12"
<xNumOfPorts>1
<xPortDiameter>16"

Gross Vol. 24.51 ft3
Port Vol. 1.28 ft3
Port Length. 12"
Port Area. 200.96 in²
Port Area per ft. 8.79
Net Vol. 22.85 ft3
Tuned Freq. 31.63hz

this is in my 95 bronco, subs and port firing up, double baffle w/lots of bracing. It doesn't get really loud, i mean it gets loud but not as loud as others do that have less subs, less power, or both. The back window bangs against the weather seal. I'm not sure if it get louder if I were to brace the back window somehow, willing to try anything, just wanna get the sound I wanted when I started out on this journey. Thanks, god bless, and happy new year!!:fireworks:

·
Registered
532 Posts
My guess is you don't have enough airspace. Atomic has enclosure designs on it atomic speakers

Looks like the 18 pro enclosure says 6 cubic feet but tuned to 65 hz. Not what I would listen to on a daily basis. For your lower tuning, I am guessing you need more space.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess is you don't have enough airspace. Atomic has enclosure designs on it atomic speakers

Looks like the 18 pro enclosure says 6 cubic feet but tuned to 65 hz. Not what I would listen to on a daily basis. For your lower tuning, I am guessing you need more space.
More space as in internal box volume?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've been thinking that 29hz is too low for daily tunes and might raise it to 34hz. Box is massive, had to remove my back seat to get it in but knew that was gonna happen anyways with installing 4-18's

·
don't shoot
4,435 Posts
i've been thinking that 29hz is too low for daily tunes and might raise it to 34hz. Box is massive, had to remove my back seat to get it in but knew that was gonna happen anyways with installing 4-18's

29 hz isn't too low, you just have to do it right.

My 2 18's box on 2400w was tuned to 29 hz, played 145db @ 25 hz, 147 db @ 27 hz, peaked 149.3 @ 35 hz, played 147+ all the way up to 65 hz. It would play higher than that but I had it crossed over at 63 hz at 12 db/octave iirc, it killed my voltage bc the box was a little big to play that high away from tuning frequency, but it would still play a little over 70 hz, just on full tilt I'd be in the 11's in voltage. The box was made for different 18's so they started unloading around 60-65 hz. But it sounded so good, I wouldn't bottom out playing subsonic. I played 14 hz and it's so strange having everything vibrating but all you can hear is rattles and no bass LOL :runaround:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts