Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am trying to find info and am having a difficult time. I am currently running 2 DC level 4 15s on a dd m3c. I have been throwing around the idea of going to a DC 5k but cant find any info on what each amp actually puts out. Can I get some advice from people that have run either or, or even both and which one they found to outperform the other. Thank you

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I’m not sure if you will be happy with my response, but if your amp currently is wired to 1 ohm, it makes 3800w rms at 14.4v according to specs. All reputable company underrated their amplifier a bit so I’d imagine around 4200w rms on a resistive load like a amp dyno vs something dynamic like your subs because of box rise. But the DC Sounds 5.0k which I owned will make 5000w rms and a bit more with proper electrical and etc. So your looking at 1000w more then what you have now. A difference but not a whole world of difference to your ears. Usually doubling power is where you gain 3db and you might feel like you gain double the output depending on limitation on your setup and etc

Hope that’s help. Imo keep what you got unless it an even swap or what you can get in $ for your amp will pretty much buy the 5k with out throw more then $200 on top

1 - 2 of 2 Posts